Apex Variable Speed to AQLink A1

firebladeRR1k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased an Apex controller. I have it all set up and everything is working well except for my flow pumps. They are 2 Coral Box QP9+ pumps connected to the apex via 2 AQLink A1 units to the Variable Speed ports on the Apex. The issue I have is no matter the % sent to the pump from the apex the pumps spin extremely slow. I’m using standard Ethernet cords to connect the A1 to the Apex and have even swapped them out. I have tested the Variable Speed voltage also and it looks fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
F

firebladeRR1k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention that if I put it on an on off flow it turns really slow and then stutters a bit. Even putting it on 100% runs really slow. If I manually turn off and then on a few times slowly the pump will start running at the correct speed.

also, the pumps work fine with when used with their original controllers.
I have also verified the dip switches on the A1 with Coral Box.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you are programming the wrong variable output? There are 4 variable outputs, for 0-10v. They should JUST have "Set 100" if you are trying to test maximum percentage.

Edit: I guess you said that you tested the variable speed voltage and confirmed it, so you do have the outputs correct.

OP
OP
F

firebladeRR1k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pump 1/AQLink 1 plugged into variable ports 1/2. Pump 2/AQLink 2 plugged into variable port 3/4. I have port 2 & 3 set to off. 90% of the time I turn port 1 & 3 to on the pumps run super slow. I have tried swapping the cables and the AQLinks between the ports and pumps. It’s almost like the pump was running at 1% (really slow). When on a 1 second on 1 second off profile the pump spins slowly and just twitches when it should have turned off.

OP
OP
F

firebladeRR1k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the links above. I read through them and I think I’m doing the connections right. At this point, I’m at a loss. I was super excited to finally get an Apex but then having these problems with the pumps is a big bummer. I’m hoping someone has run into something like this and has an easy solution, even if it’s faulty hardware.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back