Apex, Varios 6 and Ice cap 0-10v connection cable

RagnarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have RO varios 6 return pump (and an APEX), wondering if I should get ice cap 0-10v cable to connect pump with Apex? Thinking this would free up an outlet in the EB832 and provide more controllability. Does anyone know if power monitoring would still be possible connecting the two this way? If not, then I don't think I would bother...

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have mine set uo with 0-10v and its very nice. The fine tuning and programing is awesome. It also frees up that eb832 outlet for something else. Unfortunately it does not power monitor if you go this route, its just one way communication.

Upvote 0

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t run power to the pump Through that cable. It only can control the soles of the pump. You will need to have the power supply plugged in.

Upvote 0

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the octo pluse pump and if I unplug the power brick it shuts off pump because of no power. Even with the 0-10 v plugged in

Upvote 0

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see the point for a return pump. It throws your ATO sensor off if you configure a variable flow pattern. I have the varios4 and the cable too and it works fine but just seems pretty useless unless your using it for something other than a return. You can’t power the pump off that cable it’s just a replacement for the control box.

Upvote 0

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the octo pluse pump and if I unplug the power brick it shuts off pump because of no power. Even with the 0-10 v plugged in
It doesnt power it through 0-10 but it allows you to plug the power brick into a standard power strip instead of using a ev832 spot. It frees up a spot for something else but gives you full control..

Upvote 0

Sandersonville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see the point for a return pump. It throws your ATO sensor off if you configure a variable flow pattern. I have the varios4 and the cable too and it works fine but just seems pretty useless unless your using it for something other than a return. You can’t power the pump off that cable it’s just a replacement for the control box.
Fine tuning and the ability to have the pump shut off or throttle down automatically during feeding cycles.

I have my pumps throttle down during feed cycles to where they are justing holding head pressure in the return lines so there is no back flow into the sump. When the feeding cycle ends, the return pipe is primed and immediately starts flowing water.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RagnarReef

RagnarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the info, to me having the power monitoring is important to get a beat on when maintenance is required. So unless I need to free up an outlet on the EB832 I'll probably skip the 0-10v connection.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RagnarReef

RagnarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fine tuning and the ability to have the pump shut off or throttle down automatically during feeding cycles.

I have my pumps throttle down during feed cycles to where they are justing holding head pressure in the return lines so there is no back flow into the sump. When the feeding cycle ends, the return pipe is primed and immediately starts flowing water.
This is exactly what I want to do... can you share your program? Or is there a tutorial on how to accomplish this? Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RagnarReef

RagnarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question... if I have outputs set up already for my return pump and skimmer and I hook them both up via 0-10v, how does that affect the programming I have already set up? Any good reference or how to tutorial out there to help me understand and get it set up?

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back