Apex VDM Moon command strange behavior

Bramzor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put some LEDs on a 0-10V output of the VDM and I'm trying to control using the Moon command to simulate Lunar activity.
The problem is that when I use:
Code:
If Moon 360/-120 Then ON
Moonlight is on but very dim.
When I however set the VDM port manually on ON, it shows the LEDs on 100% power.

So somehow there is a difference in Moon that puts the LEDs to ON and myself putting it on ON manually.
I'm not using an LSM module. So I'm not able to use "MoonInt" for setting moon intensity. But somehow Apex is overwriting the intensity when using Moon?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
B

Bramzor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try:

If Moon 360/-120 Then 100

The possible range is 0% - 100%. I'm not sure what value the VDM sets when you use "ON" in programming.

See this FAQ for more details about using percentages in programming: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?20677-Using-percentages-in-programming

Didnt knew that you could use percentages.
Problem is that I also use ramp up and ramp down, and somehow this gives the same issue.

It looks like Apex changes VDM output when using Moon command and dims it down, maybe so you could use it for main lights and dims it automatically to Moonlight, but in my case, it introduces an issue.

So maybe I have to build my own ramp up and down using the hardcoded percentages.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back