Ramping two opposing pumps up and down

MarsReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two octopulse pumps on opposite sides of my tank. I’d like to set up a back and forth flow pattern between them using the 0-10V on my apex.

Currently I have them set up on two alternating pump programs where one is on for 30 seconds and one is off and then they swap. This works pretty well but the transition is harsh since they go from off to 60% right away.

I’d like one to ramp up instead while the other ramps down over something like 3-5 minutes. It seems like k need to combine the ramp and pump profiles somehow but I can’t quite figure it out.

Anyone doing something like this? Or can point me in how I might?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which controller did you get with the pumps? Was it a Wave Engine LE. If so there is built in flow patterns.

OP
OP
MarsReefer

MarsReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which controller did you get with the pumps? Was it a Wave Engine LE. If so there is built in flow patterns.
No it didn’t come with any controller, just the pump themselves. They have the built in modes but no sync so I’m using my apex with 0-10V.

I can use the wizard to do it but anything faster than an hour is extremely tedious. I feel like there should be a programming way to do it with profiles but I haven’t been able to figure it out.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it didn’t come with any controller, just the pump themselves. They have the built in modes but no sync so I’m using my apex with 0-10V.

I can use the wizard to do it but anything faster than an hour is extremely tedious. I feel like there should be a programming way to do it with profiles but I haven’t been able to figure it out.
So they came with the Octopulse controller instead of the WE LE. It has to have a controller as those pumps will not run without one.

OP
OP
MarsReefer

MarsReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they came with the Octopulse controller instead of the WE LE. It has to have a controller as those pumps will not run without one.
They have the standard power supply. They run just fine, just trying to fine tune my programming instead of what I currently have.

C39A4104-1F35-42C9-8DD3-439CFFDFB469.png

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back