Apex vs Reef-Pi Mars Aqua Control

FullSend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently, I have my system running with an apex controller. I am working on interfacing the mars aqua light dimmers with the 0-10v apex control. In the future, I am thinking of switching to a reef pi setup. My question is if I have the lights working on a 0-10V dimming circuit will they also work with the reef pi PWM control?

Side note,
I'm very familiar with analog signals, but the PWM is throwing me off. Is the reef pi controller modulating a constant 10V pulse to control the dimming? or does the voltage of the pulse also change?

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to convert the 0-10 to pwm. I am currently working this myself. Think the company is Steve's led's makes a converter for this for around $20-30

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Voltage of the pulse does not change. In pwm is always fixed voltage, as in 10v pwm will always generate 10v square waves, it’s the amount of time it’s present (duty cycle) that makes overall voltage reading Similar to analog in multimeter.
So, reef-pi generated either 3.3v (Pi pwm) or 5v (Pca9685) pwm, which is then translated to 10v pwm using transistors or darlingtons etc.

The add on board that Michael lane sells in his tindie store , makes it easier to hookup reef-pi with mars aqua, I have a feeling it might be effective for you as well
@Michael Lane

Urtoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love his stuff and waiting on a refill of the ph board to get ORP in my Reef-Pi.
I have an extra one of his 0-10v board if you need it quicker since he is out of stock

OP
OP
FullSend

FullSend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love his stuff and waiting on a refill of the ph board to get ORP in my Reef-Pi.
I have an extra one of his 0-10v board if you need it quicker since he is out of stock
I decided to go another way. Thank you though!

Back