APEX Wi-Fi Wont Connect

Twocoralsonetank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased a used Apex System. Was able to reset the system (Held the reset button down till the light turned red). I connect to the Apex and put the Apex.local into the computer. It came up, was able to select my Wi-Fi router, then ask for the passcode, I put the password in for the router, hit connect and nothing happens. This issue happened to anybody else? Tired this on Safari and Chrome with the same issue.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased a used Apex System. Was able to reset the system (Held the reset button down till the light turned red). I connect to the Apex and put the Apex.local into the computer. It came up, was able to select my Wi-Fi router, then ask for the passcode, I put the password in for the router, hit connect and nothing happens. This issue happened to anybody else? Tired this on Safari and Chrome with the same issue.

The previous owner needs to delete it from their fusion account if you want it to connect.

OP
OP
T

Twocoralsonetank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill reach out to them and see if I have any luck. Guess if they don't then I need to contact Neptune to help me out.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you do a factory reset, you don't need any information from the previous owner.
Try it again, make sure that the passcode you're entering is correct. It's the network password, not the password to access your router settings.
If you haven't tried doing the wifi setup from a phone, try that, it may work better than with some computer browsers.
Make sure that your Apex is within good signal distance from the router, and that the Apex isn't trying to connect through any kind of range extender.
As a last resort, you can try setting it up with an Ethernet cable, and then setup and switch to Wifi from the Network page.

OP
OP
T

Twocoralsonetank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just doesn't do anything when I hit connect, I could hit it 15 times and just stays there. Doesn't matter what I put into the passcode. You would think if I put in the wrong code it was tell me there was an error?

Twocorns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
I had a similar issue. I had to put the IP address of the Apex in a browser to connect to it. And then once connected directly to it via the IP, I could login and get the apex fusion code thingy to connect it to fusion.

OP
OP
T

Twocoralsonetank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I used LAN line and got it connect to Fusion, is there a back door way to connect it wireless now?

Twocorns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
If you know how to access your routers DHCP leasing g table you can find the IP in there for the Apex.

If not, download Angry IP. Itll scan your network for all IP address being used. After it runs, look at the IPs with the blue circl . Those are the active IPs on your network. Just type in the blue circle IPs into a browser, one by one, until the Apex one populates. Sometimes I. The scan you'll clearly see an IP with the host name Apex, and just use that one.

Sorry if it sounds complicated, lol.

Twocorns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
Honestly, the wifi stinks on the Apex. If you can use the hardwire I'd stick to that.

OP
OP
T

Twocoralsonetank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the APEX fusion allow me to choose a network or do I have to put it in manually? Just wondering.....

OP
OP
T

Twocoralsonetank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, the wifi stinks on the Apex. If you can use the hardwire I'd stick to that.

Its just on a wi-fi extender, but shouldn't have to do a work around but might be the way to go. It won't show any networks under the network tabs. The signal strength is all greyed out.

OP
OP
T

Twocoralsonetank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the spam everybody, so not sure what the heck happen but its connect now? Maybe the Apex needed some time to work threw some life issues, but now connect to the wifi. Thank you all, sometimes just venting helps the mind!

bigcheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the APEX fusion allow me to choose a network or do I have to put it in manually? Just wondering.....
Apex Fusion can't scan the airwaves to find your Wifi network (and that's a good thing). It depends on the Apex to have Internet connectivity first.

Note the Apex only has a 2.4 GHz radio, so it will only support 802.11b, 802.11g and (kind of support) 802.11n WiFi flavors. I'm finding these older standards are disabled by default in the premises equipment shipped by Comcast and Spectrum, I would expect the same from other ISPs, too. You can sometimes "see" the WiFi, but you can't connect... because it's a newer flavor.

If you did the @Twocorns suggestion and AngryIP didn't see your Apex on the network, then read on...
You might need to geek out a bit and figure out how your ISP configured your router/modem, and create a separate Wireless LAN (aka SSID) just for your Apex. I wouldn't put your regular devices on that SSID... for a lot of reasons I won't cover here.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree Apex WIFI is wonky. After I moved, I made sure I could hardwire Apex (more secure and updates automatically) In my new place Ihave 100ft Cat6 cable from router through floor to Apex and it's as smooth as silk. Previously I had Apex WIFI'd via Apple Extreme & it worked ok until there was a power interruption then it was the whole "reboot issue". I've also noticed since hardwired wifi vortechs are more stable. Occasionally one of four would come up missing on Apex, not since hardwired.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 55 48.7%
  • Full frame

Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 41 36.3%
  • All of the above

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back