apex worth on fluval evo 13.5

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so is a apex worth on a fluval evo 13.5 what about the tester would it mess with my salinity constantly testing

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean if you have the extra $ just sitting around, but in such a small tank, weekly water changes will keep things stable enough and a couple individual controller like temp and ph you’d save a lot of money!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t consider it worth it. Just craming the probes and testing tubes into the back seems like a headache or potential problem.

you can get a wifi inkbird and Kasa power strip if you want controllable outlets and a way to see temp when away from home.

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t consider it worth it. Just craming the probes and testing tubes into the back seems like a headache or potential problem.

you can get a wifi inkbird and Kasa power strip if you want controllable outlets and a way to see temp when away from home.
i am usually always home and if im not im only away for a few hours it was more for testing with the trident

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am usually always home and if im not im only away for a few hours it was more for testing with the trident

Depends on how often water changes in. Trident takes about 8 ml per parameter. Min is 4/2/2 so 64ml removed per day. When dosing we actually raise salinity a bit too though.

There are other alk testers where it is safe to put the water back into the tank.

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how often water changes in. Trident takes about 8 ml per parameter. Min is 4/2/2 so 64ml removed per day.

There are other alk testers where it is safe to put the water back into the tank.
well i test with hanna which isnt too bad i guess the ones where u gotta shake it about for 2 mins then wait r pretty annoying

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i test with hanna which isnt too bad i guess the ones where u gotta shake it about for 2 mins then wait r pretty annoying

Well trident only tests Alk/Ca/Mg

It won't help you with No3 and Po4 (which are the ones we have to shake and wait?).

Ca and Mg don't change much in a stable tank and don't need to be tested that often.

So that just leaves Alk as the one you have to use a lot and it's super quick.

bratfink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an Apex. But I run my old ReefKeeper Lite on my 13.5.
monitors what I need, temp & pH, and controls everything with minimal intervention.
I will say the stock light is garbage and pretty much uncontrollable (apart from on/off) with such a system. So I’ll be replacing that with something I can control soon.

sevenx7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a full Apex/Trident setup on my 13.5 Evo with a MP10 and XR15 over it. Really depends on what youre keeping and if you like logging and are out a bunch, for me it keeps me calm about my Acro's with the Trident, But I make sure to double check every once and a while and dont 100% depend on it blindly.
That being said I purchased a Red Sea reefer nano that it will all move over to it, So the "upgrade to a bogger tank" was always in my mind.

It depends on what your endgame is I suppose?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back