Apex wxm connection / rf issue?

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was in the fish room and noticed my mp60's just turned off. Ruh roh...
I noticed the light on the bottom of the wxm was blinking (green), for some reason I thought it was supposed to be solid. The one on the front is solid green. So I power cycled the wxm, no luck. I then deleted it from the Apex config and re added it. Same blinking light on the bottom, not recognizing the pumps.

I then went through the vortech config so the the pumps connect to the wxm again-

Hold Mode/set
Hold mode
Hold set
Then
Hold mode/set
Tap set
If it flashes blue/yellow it’s connected
If red/blue it’s not

It's flashing red/blue so it's not connecting and the bottom light on the wxm is still blinking.

I ran through the vortech config again and before the final "Hold mode/set" command I checked Attach under the wxm config, sent that to fusion, then finished the vortech config.

Same result. Boo.

Am I doing something wrong? Should the bottom light be solid green? Anything else I should do?

Note - this was running fine for the past month+ w no issues until I just noticed it..

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after much research a blinking green wifi status light = dead wxm.

You are possibly correct however, it can indicate an issue with ETM WiFi chip or the firmware on the chip. Have you tried unplugging the WXM wait a min connect it and then update the RF update (In Fusion for the newer Apex units or in the classic dashboard if you have an Apex Classic)

If you can get your hands on a working green ETM WiFi chip you can replace it in the WXM really easy assuming the WXM is out of warranty and I know we have discontinued this model.

You can send a support ticket and we can issue an RMA to have the WXM to see if we have anymore replacement WiFi chips.

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are possibly correct however, it can indicate an issue with ETM WiFi chip or the firmware on the chip. Have you tried unplugging the WXM wait a min connect it and then update the RF update (In Fusion for the newer Apex units or in the classic dashboard if you have an Apex Classic)

If you can get your hands on a working green ETM WiFi chip you can replace it in the WXM really easy assuming the WXM is out of warranty and I know we have discontinued this model.

You can send a support ticket and we can issue an RMA to have the WXM to see if we have anymore replacement WiFi chips.
Good advice, however I know this process all too well. I downgraded my etm mp60's a while back. Two rf chips and a vortech driver later and everything was working and happy. With both vortechs off the light blinks green. Everything I've read and watched shows the wxm being powered on and the wiif status light going solid green. Mine flashes and doesn't change.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back