Apex

Mast33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the neptune apex systems. Why when my orp rises my salinity reading goes down on the apex? I don't know how trustworthy the apex salinity probe is. It never matches my other testers. But every time my orp rises 1pt salinity drops 1 it shows.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My salinity is fairly consistent (and it should be fairly consistent regardless of ORP). I do know that my ORP drops when my PH increases (and vice-versa). When you calibrated your salinity probe, did you place the solution in the tank for 15-20 minutes to get the temperature acclimated? Because that can and will throw your salinity off.

OP
OP
M

Mast33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My salinity is fairly consistent (and it should be fairly consistent regardless of ORP). I do know that my ORP drops when my PH increases (and vice-versa). When you calibrated your salinity probe, did you place the solution in the tank for 15-20 minutes to get the temperature acclimated? Because that can and will throw your salinity off.
Yeah I placed the solution in to get it to temp.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a little known feature under the advanced tab: TC Factor. I have mine set to the default of 2.1%, so if you do decide to enable this (which might balance out temperature fluctuations), you need to recalibrate the salinity probe (only after enabling and updating Apex).

OP
OP
M

Mast33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thx another question. Those toggle off auto and on what are those do they need to be turned on? Like I have my heater and return pump slid to on. Is that correct do I leave it there ?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thx another question. Those toggle off auto and on what are those do they need to be turned on? Like I have my heater and return pump slid to on. Is that correct do I leave it there ?
Off and on are overrides, and they will set that outlet to that until changed. Auto means use the Apex programming. As an example, I have my lights set to ON since I'm controlling my Radions with a schedule in Mobius - but I have my return pump set to AUTO as I've programmed it to either slow down or turn off depending on the feeding mode.

OP
OP
M

Mast33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off and on are overrides, and they will set that outlet to that until changed. Auto means use the Apex programming. As an example, I have my lights set to ON since I'm controlling my Radions with a schedule in Mobius - but I have my return pump set to AUTO as I've programmed it to either slow down or turn off depending on the feeding mode.
Ok cool thx so I can just leave my ret pump to on then. I just wanna make sure by switching it to on it dont turn my pump off.

OP
OP
M

Mast33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool thx so I can just leave my ret pump to on then. I just wanna make sure by switching it to on it dont turn my pump off.
I have a siccee pump and have the control all app to control pump so that is good I set the toggle to on I assume

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a siccee pump and have the control all app to control pump so that is good I set the toggle to on I assume
Yes and no. Sure, you can set the outlet to always on. But with a Sicce SDC, the Apex can actually control the pump as an IOTA device (a bit more involved to setup). This is how my AUTO outlet programming is setup for my SCC:

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then 5
If FeedB 000 Then 5
If FeedC 000 Then OFF
If FeedD 000 Then OFF
Defer 001:00 Then ON

Feedmode A/B are regular feedings, and the pump spins down to 5%. Feedmode C is for coral feeding and Feedmode D is for maintenance.

OP
OP
M

Mast33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and no. Sure, you can set the outlet to always on. But with a Sicce SDC, the Apex can actually control the pump as an IOTA device (a bit more involved to setup). This is how my AUTO outlet programming is setup for my SCC:

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then 5
If FeedB 000 Then 5
If FeedC 000 Then OFF
If FeedD 000 Then OFF
Defer 001:00 Then ON

Feedmode A/B are regular feedings, and the pump spins down to 5%. Feedmode C is for coral feeding and Feedmode D is for maintenance.
So I guess the best thing for return pump is to just leave it on auto

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess the best thing for return pump is to just leave it on auto
If you want to have program the Apex to turn it on and off for feeding, yes. You can use this:

Fallback ON
Set ON

Or this:

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If FeedB 000 Then OFF
If FeedC 000 Then OFF
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

For the programming (under the Advanced tab).

OP
OP
M

Mast33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a little known feature under the advanced tab: TC Factor. I have mine set to the default of 2.1%, so if you do decide to enable this (which might balance out temperature fluctuations), you need to recalibrate the salinity probe (only after enabling and updating Apex).
Ok here is what it is. I guess it is on auto right? But it says on in orange Sorry this is all new to me and still learning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210919-144525_APEX Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919-144525_APEX Fusion.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 26

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You go off the Grey (Off), Blue (Auto) or Orange (On) slider. In this case your pump is set to Auto and the pump is currently On. Your refugium light is also set to Auto but currently Off.

OP
OP
M

Mast33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You go off the Grey (Off), Blue (Auto) or Orange (On) slider. In this case your pump is set to Auto and the pump is currently On. Your refugium light is also set to Auto but currently Off.
Ok thx. So I'm not messing with it then haha I'll leave it since it's on and running . Thx so much

Back