ApexEL out for Delivery

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I bit the bullet and bought an Apex from BRS last week. this is my first time with a controller so kinda excited to see what I can do. I also got the BRS titanium heater to use with it.
Hopefully UPS gets here soon with it

ISFNick

Nano Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I bit the bullet and bought an Apex from BRS last week. this is my first time with a controller so kinda excited to see what I can do. I also got the BRS titanium heater to use with it.
Hopefully UPS gets here soon with it
You'll thank yourself for doing it, man! APEX FTW

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hmmm. So I have it all connected. I got the blue light on the Apex and scanned it and it seems stuck at Prepping your dashboard. Does this normally take a long time?

Smcevoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it all working for you? I am looking at the EL and BRS heater as well because I can’t seem to get my heater control unit and chiller to be in sync and have a 2 degree difference in reading.

OP
OP
J

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
its been working great. I have an inkbird plugged into my apex because I hear if you use the apex to control the heater it will end up killing the outlet. So i would rather the inkbird die not the expensive eb832. When i was using the Apex for the BRS heater it was a dead on 1degree swing I had it set to. The inkbird is no where near as tight. It is supposed to be 1 degree so it heats from 78-79. the inkbird is more like swining from 77.8-79.2 not a huge difference. As far as the Apex i am enjoying it

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%

Back