Apisto's Reavers Armada

  • Thread starter Thread starter Apisto
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Apisto

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
171
Reaction score
61
Location
Sacramento
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you who know me, this name is a departure from the standard tribute to Kurt Russell roles and filmography. It is actually the first no-name coral that I chose to designate as my own a couple of years ago. Since then, any no-namer that I keep to grow out has been blessed with a designation that holds one of Kurt Russell's characters in a movie or is actually the title of a Kurt Russell film. Why? Ah, glad you asked.

The whole coral naming "business" is pretty outlandish, but I don't fault anyone. I would rather put tongue-in-cheek and go along for the ride. After-all no-one is really forced into buying or worshiping anything in this hobby. With the exception of a few, we are all grown-ups. And I, for one, intend to enjoy myself as much as I can. Rather than taking place in a series of futile battles with other hobbyist. I will spend what I spend and chose the corals that I want, regardless of the name, price, picture integrity and lineage. And, I will be responsible for my own decisions.

Okay, now off my soapbox and on to the premier of (an up-to-now un-named) special coral I got from another reefer about 3 years ago, who is no longer in the hobby- Reaver's Armada!

Very long basing phase, but obvious signs of impressive current qualities and future potential. Notice the gonipora-like polyps.



Here's a bad pic, but the only early pic that shows the interesting polyp color(s)

DSC_0022%20800x536.jpg
[/URL].photobucket.com/albums/a466/gnlill/VRD%20800x458.jpg[/IMG]

Fast forward to about a year ago. Still bluer than red with the trade-mark weird polyps.

 
Looks stunning buddy. ☺
 
Really, really like this piece and the colors your getting with it is quite nice:rolleyes:Would definitely save real estate for this one! I know I already asked you weeks ago on the other site, so I'll just bite my tongue and enjoy your pics for now;)
 
Ooh, must get a frag of this! I love red polyped sticks!
 
Sweet!
 
Awesome looking coral! What lighting is it under?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new