Aprod

Aprod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roughly a month since my last update.

Tank is looking fantastic after being wet for 70 days. Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, and Phosphate are continually reading ~zero on my test kits. PH, Calcium, Alkalinity are all mostly stable and in a good range. Been consistently doing 20% water changes on a weekly basis while cleaning the sand bed and sump area. All in all, tank is stable and thriving. Here is a full tank shot from yesterday, the day after WC.
upload_2019-3-7_13-55-46.png

upload_2019-3-7_13-56-16.png

My YWG and clowns are comfortable and getting along. The goby is very reclusive, but it's always a pleasure seeing him out during feeding time. Planning to get him a pistol shrimp buddy in the near future. Had a scare earlier when the smaller clown when carpet surfing... thankfully i was able to get him back into the tank in time. Hopefully he learned his lesson!
upload_2019-3-7_13-53-50.png

Noticing pretty good growth on my corals for a short amount of time. Reef chilli seems to be doing the trick with spot feeding. Now that I don't feel like everything will crash in a heartbeat, I bought some really cool frags. Here are some spotlights:
Red Acan:
upload_2019-3-7_13-57-38.png

Green Acan:
upload_2019-3-7_13-58-7.png

Utter Chaos Zoa:
upload_2019-3-7_13-58-37.png

Scrambled Eggs Zoa:
upload_2019-3-7_13-59-36.png

Fruit Loop Zoa:
upload_2019-3-7_14-0-3.png

Mr.Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Aprod -- thanks for sharing your setup with us!

Do you have any feedback on the flow you're getting from the Sicce 1.5 pump and the MP10QD powerhead?

I'm currently considering getting two Sicce 0.5s and an MP10, but looking to get thoughts from others using similar equipment.

OP
OP
Aprod

Aprod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Aprod -- thanks for sharing your setup with us!

Do you have any feedback on the flow you're getting from the Sicce 1.5 pump and the MP10QD powerhead?

I'm currently considering getting two Sicce 0.5s and an MP10, but looking to get thoughts from others using similar equipment.

Glad you are enjoying the ride!

I believe there is sufficient flow between the Sicce & MP10 @~50% power. If I ramp up the MP10 power any more my hammer coral gets tossed around int he flow of things. Over the last 3 weeks or so, I have been noticing some Cyano (or what I believe to be Cyano) in the deadspots in my tank. Trying to determine if this is due to inadequate flow or some other reason, but staying patient.

Best of luck on your set up!

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you are enjoying the ride!

I believe there is sufficient flow between the Sicce & MP10 @~50% power. If I ramp up the MP10 power any more my hammer coral gets tossed around int he flow of things. Over the last 3 weeks or so, I have been noticing some Cyano (or what I believe to be Cyano) in the deadspots in my tank. Trying to determine if this is due to inadequate flow or some other reason, but staying patient.

Best of luck on your set up!

Any update on your tank? Curious to see the results with the flow you had. Thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back