APS Open Stand Setup

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently set up a tank with an APS open stand and wanted to see how everyone had theirs set up. I’m trying to keep the equipment looking as neat as possible. My main concern is keeping all the cords going into my apex neat and how to mount it. I’d appreciate some pics that show how others have theirs set up!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running a sump in your open stand? There's a company called Adaptive Reef that makes these lightweight polymer controller boards (available in black or white):

These sit vertically and can be positioned at the back, side (etc.) in your stand. You simply drill/mount the components on the outside and hide the wires, cabling (etc.) on the back. They have slots for cords, tubing and shelves and tie holes on the back to mount power supplies and keep things organized.

Just an idea.

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running a sump in your open stand? There's a company called Adaptive Reef that makes these lightweight polymer controller boards (available in black or white):

These sit vertically and can be positioned at the back, side (etc.) in your stand. You simply drill/mount the components on the outside and hide the wires, cabling (etc.) on the back. They have slots for cords, tubing and shelves and tie holes on the back to mount power supplies and keep things organized.

Just an idea.
Thank you! I’m actually making a simple DIY board tonight. I don’t have a sump but I will have an ATO and a doser or two. Just trying to make it all look as clean as possible

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I’m actually making a simple DIY board tonight. I don’t have a sump but I will have an ATO and a doser or two. Just trying to make it all look as clean as possible
Definitely have a look at the Adaptive Reef products - if only to get a few ideas for your DIY board. Things like pre-drilled spots for cords, shelves and cable tie holders on the back are a must. Then if you have to move the board around everything goes with it.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently set up a tank with an APS open stand and wanted to see how everyone had theirs set up. I’m trying to keep the equipment looking as neat as possible. My main concern is keeping all the cords going into my apex neat and how to mount it. I’d appreciate some pics that show how others have theirs set up!
I lost the wire battle...lol as long as I have Shelves and working space is what I am going for now with this Nano...

Attachments

• 20220131_145456.jpg
    20220131_145456.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220131_145553.jpg
    20220131_145553.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely have a look at the Adaptive Reef products - if only to get a few ideas for your DIY board. Things like pre-drilled spots for cords, shelves and cable tie holders on the back are a must. Then if you have to move the board around everything goes with it.
I don’t think I’m going to drill and holes but I’m going to have the cords neatly coming across the board and hidden behind it. Im starting the project tonight

Back