Aptaisia on a zoa frag disc

SteveO83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the pest is almost directly in the center of the frag disc among the zoas. What can I do to safely eliminate it before it becomes destructive to the colony? I was thinking of a peppermint shrimp, but theres no guarantees itll even eat them.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately as you said there are no guarantees with a peppermint, however I feel it would be your safest option. The reason I say that is being its right in the center of a zoanthid colony, anything you do in means of manual removal whether its injecting it with hot water or lemon juice, or scraping it off and putting superglue over the spot it was in, has the potential to hurt and upset your zoanthid colony. At this time I think a peppermint shrimp may be the safest option.

OP
OP
SteveO83

SteveO83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately as you said there are no guarantees with a peppermint, however I feel it would be your safest option. The reason I say that is being its right in the center of a zoanthid colony, anything you do in means of manual removal whether its injecting it with hot water or lemon juice, or scraping it off and putting superglue over the spot it was in, has the potential to hurt and upset your zoanthid colony. At this time I think a peppermint shrimp may be the safest option.

Ok. I was wanting a shrimp, but was wanting a more colorful type. But peppermint it is

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I was wanting a shrimp, but was wanting a more colorful type. But peppermint it is
Depended on your tank size you can get two. I have a skunk cleaner and a blood red fire in my 40 breeder and they get along just fine :)

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing to note about peps is that they will pick at some corals sometimes. I had to pull a pair from my tank once they took a liking to trachs. Joe's juice/aiptasia x will do the trick, but just be careful with application.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as it doesn't get on the oral disk/tentacles of the zoas they should be minimally impacted by the juice.

OP
OP
SteveO83

SteveO83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing to note about peps is that they will pick at some corals sometimes. I had to pull a pair from my tank once they took a liking to trachs. Joe's juice/aiptasia x will do the trick, but just be careful with application.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as it doesn't get on the oral disk/tentacles of the zoas they should be minimally impacted by the juice.

Hmm

Back