Aptasia on candy cane coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jrloyd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jrloyd

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2024
Messages
69
Reaction score
47
Location
Bedford
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this look like aptasia? There was a small one in the sand at the base I pulled out a couple weeks ago. Then I saw one on the candy cane, pulled it, scrubbed it with hydrogen peroxide a week ago. Now I see it again. I was going to pull it and scrub again but want to be sure that’s what it probably is.

IMG_3530.jpeg IMG_3529.jpeg IMG_3528.jpeg
 
Well i took it out, scrubbed it with a brush with hydrogen peroxide, put it back in the tank, and about 1 hr later i saw it again. Took it out and scratched it with tweezers. See what happens.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new