Aptasia!?!?

BNeumzy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently discovered what I'm pretty sure is aptasia growing on my Biohazard Acro. It's still fairly small. Any thoughts on how to get rid of it? I've heard injecting lemon juice, covering it in glue, or getting a specific shrimp would do it...
 
Peppermint shrimps , copper band butterfly fish .. or aptasia x .. too name but a few methods for you
 
Aptasia x worked wonders for me. I found two very small aptasia on my new 10g.

People suggested I start over, but I had just spent almost $200 on rock sand and water, so I figured I'd try the $20 aptasia x, plus maybe I could use it down the road if any pops up on my larger tank. I hit both aptasias, and 2 months later I haven't seen any. The tank is so small, if aptasia does come back with a vengeance, it won't be the end of he world to break the tank down.

I may add a peppermint for him to find any that may pop up down the road, because I'm sure the organism is still dormant in the tank somewhere.
 
I will say that it's always hit and miss if peppermint shrimps eat them !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new