Aptasia

ReefDude716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have Nuvo 30 aio that now has an external overflow to sump. Peppermint shrimp got most of it in display section. However I have a media basket where that is used as a Refugium in back section of display tank before it goes through other chambers to the external overflow. Aptasia is in the Chaeto and a bunch in the back chambers. I will start with fresh Chateo. Should I try putting the peppermint shrimp in the back chambers with enough overflowing water so that they can get to all chambers. Also no apstasia has grown in the sump yet knock on wood lol.

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd consider it but also consider manual removal with a cc if their on the glass/acrylic and also temporarily putting the chaeto basket right in the dt for them to clean. It would be a what's easier type call for me.

OP
OP
ReefDude716

ReefDude716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd consider it but also consider manual removal with a cc if their on the glass/acrylic and also temporarily putting the chaeto basket right in the dt for them to clean. It would be a what's easier type call for me.
I don’t have enough real estate with all the coral and rock work to put the chateo in. I have manually tried removing the aptasia with aptasia x and even a majano wand but it seems to keep coming back in the back of dt. I think if I pull the chateo out and do a manual clean up and get knew Chaeto it might work but I wanted a plan b haha

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard lemon juice works. But you have to get it right into there mouths in order to be effective

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hand pick from Chaeto and pull media basket and wash them off with Hot water

OP
OP
ReefDude716

ReefDude716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard lemon juice works. But you have to get it right into there mouths in order to be effective
I’ve heard same About lemon juice only problem is sometimes bits break off and they regrow. I’ll have to take my Radion mounts off and scrub it and the overflow box. lol aptasia just sucks even with all the coral dipping I’ve done it still managed to get in my tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Dip in heavy kalk (alk) solution. Aptasia cant survive it

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back