Aqamai KPS Network Connection

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help from anyone with experience with the Aqamai KPS. I'm connected to the controller wifi with my phone, I can select and start the Set (flow pattern), etc. but when I go to settings -> Network Connection (to connect it to my house wifi) there is nothing there, just a blank list (pictured below).

I don't necessarily need to be able to connect to it on a regular basis, but it is showing that it needs a firmware update and I can't do that without connecting it to my wifi.

IMG_5275[1].PNG

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aqamai cannot see any networks.
This could be signal strength or band incompatability.
Try connecting in a different physical location, like close to your router.
Or use your phone to create a hotspot and see if its visible on the aqamai.
If it still shows no networks then it maybe your network not compatible, or there is a problem with the aqamai.

OP
OP
TexAgReefer

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aqamai cannot see any networks.
This could be signal strength or band incompatability.
Try connecting in a different physical location, like close to your router.
Or use your phone to create a hotspot and see if its visible on the aqamai.
If it still shows no networks then it maybe your network not compatible, or there is a problem with the aqamai.
Thanks. This is in my nano which is on my desk in the office where the router is so it’s not a distance or signal strength issue.

I thought it may be a WiFi issue with the unit itself but since I was able to connect to its WiFi I figured it’s the same hardware, maybe not.

Bought it used here, maybe there’s just something wrong with it...

Oh well, I can connect to it with my phone to set up flow pattern/intensity so that’s good enough.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. This is in my nano which is on my desk in the office where the router is so it’s not a distance or signal strength issue.

I thought it may be a WiFi issue with the unit itself but since I was able to connect to its WiFi I figured it’s the same hardware, maybe not.

Bought it used here, maybe there’s just something wrong with it...

Oh well, I can connect to it with my phone to set up flow pattern/intensity so that’s good enough.
Should've mentioned 1st to press the reset button for 10 secs, next to the led i think.

Michael Curtis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 2 of the kpm in my rank for a wile i never got it to connect to WiFi all I was ever able to do was connect manually to each pump even though I could see the network in the app so I email them and the response I got was" you couldn't do that!", not helpfull and I thought a little misleading

After a year of them and getting annoyed with the constant connect then disconnect i gave up decided I'd had enough and bought mp40's to replace them

Don't be surprised if they never do connect it seams its all about local control over WiFi and no web based control.

Its a shame they are nice pumps

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have one, I tried to call them to ask them a question, they do not take phone calls, so poor C/S for me.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back