aqamai led light default settings never turns off light all night

Lovewindsor

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2020
Messages
23
Reaction score
3
Location
Sarasota
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this hobby and it seems very strange that the LRM LED light default settings are all set to not turn the light all the way off all night. Instead it dims to a low level blue light. This seems very strange, I thought all light was supposed to be off during the night. Anyone else use this light? Should I customize the defaults to turn off the light at night? Also, for a reef tank what is the best default setting to use? Thanks much
 
I'm not familiar with that light but there is no reason to have it on all night. My tank is completely off midnight until 9am (or something like that
 
I'm new to this hobby and it seems very strange that the LRM LED light default settings are all set to not turn the light all the way off all night. Instead it dims to a low level blue light. This seems very strange, I thought all light was supposed to be off during the night. Anyone else use this light? Should I customize the defaults to turn off the light at night? Also, for a reef tank what is the best default setting to use? Thanks much
You need to customize the times on the settings. You also might have it set on a program where the blue light is programed to be on. You can eliminate the blue if you want, just tweak the program or make your own.
 
I'm not familiar with that light but there is no reason to have it on all night. My tank is completely off midnight until 9am (or something like that
Actually some corals like the light at night and benefit from it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new