aqaurium canopy

boxgj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning everyone. i currently plan to keep a innovative marine int 50 in my Livingroom. mind you i also have a cat. i know sometimes they can get curious and try to mess with the aquarium. should i build a custom canopy that goes around the tank and the top too keep the cat from going in the aquarium and also keep out the cat hair when she sheds in the warmer seasons? i already have a screen top but i haven't set up the tank yet but just curious

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning everyone. i currently plan to keep a innovative marine int 50 in my Livingroom. mind you i also have a cat. i know sometimes they can get curious and try to mess with the aquarium. should i build a custom canopy that goes around the tank and the top too keep the cat from going in the aquarium and also keep out the cat hair when she sheds in the warmer seasons? i already have a screen top but i haven't set up the tank yet but just curious

Isn't it amazing where cat hair can end up?

I try to get the family to NOT brush, pet etc cat when near aquarium room, but that hasn't worked out. Our cats shed year round. My stand is enclosed on three sides with wall behind (but that gap gets fuzzy ... wish I had left more room between tank stand and wall for cleaning - only about 4" and its filled with power cords' transformers, etc along floor. Also I have canopy though top 2 doors staying open due to heat in tank and undersized chiller (again, wish I had more space behind tank top and wall for air circulation to let heat escape (LED AI lights)).

All that said, I find MY hair more often inside tank than I find cat hair. My hair is long blonde, so its hard to blame someone else in family or pet when we find it... but I try

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Huskies which means even my neighbors have dog hair. Hasn't had a bad effect on my tank.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always worry my cat will jump in but she hasn’t yet and she jumps at the fish often. If she ever figures out how the top works and gets brave I will swap out my screen tops for a canopy but for now I’m enjoying the look and the dry cat.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OMGosh - did you see THIS thread:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back