Aqua clear refugium

How many of you have tried a hob refugium diy?


  • Total voters
    3
  • Poll closed .
Yea I have! It’s cleared up the hair algae in my old 10g. I used some YouTube videos to do it. That setup is now my frag tank and it’s working great. I put black duct tape around mine to block the bleed light from it.
 
Yea I have! It’s cleared up the hair algae in my old 10g. I used some YouTube videos to do it. That setup is now my frag tank and it’s working great. I put black duct tape around mine to block the bleed light from it.
Pic?!
 
1613876301817.jpeg

1613876369306.jpeg

I don’t have any of my frag tank but this is what it looked like when it was my main display when I first started.
Here’s the light I used, one of the YouTube videos recommended it. I use it on my main display now.
https://www.amazon.com/ACKE-Lights-...row+light&qid=1613876785&sr=8-3&tag=hydsma-20
 
I don’t have any of my frag tank but this is what it looked like when it was my main display when I first started.
Here’s the light I used, one of the YouTube videos recommended it. I use it on my main display now.
https://www.amazon.com/ACKE-Lights-...row+light&qid=1613876785&sr=8-3&tag=hydsma-20
Oh man, the legendary ACKE refugium light. It doesn't seem available anywhere! What's a good replacement for it?

OP, have you considered this filter for a HOB refugium? I'm not sure if the Aquaclear or this one would work better, but this one is wider, and cheaper.

edit: can't post links.
1615274959885.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new