Aqua Dreams +1

clueless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the last CMAC conference I purchased an Aussie Gold Torch from Chris from Aqua Dreams. I was at the show early, when it was only open to CTARS members, prior to being open to the general public. This was the only coral I was looking for, and Chris had 4 frags that were double-headed,open and beautiful. There was a 5th,that did not look good wasn't open. I spoke to Chris and he could work within my budget so I bought one. He gave me an attractive price and I suggested I'd take the one not open,(though he told me to take any one I chose,) so the others would be available to people coming in. To make a short story long it never opened. Called Chris on tuesday,and he remembered our conversation,and though it may be unusual said when he got more in it would be replaced. Unfortunately he did not get more in so he suggested a store credit, which I thought was an honorable gesture on his part. Thursday I went to his store,over an hour drive, to exersize my credit. The store was loaded with so many beautiful coral I had trouble making a decision. So I exersized my credit and bought a gift card which I look forward to using at Aqua Dreams booth at FFM. Sometimes it is easy to forget the value added when buying from a LFS. The knowledge,expertise,overhead,cost to own and operate including fair wages, selection etc, that is overlooked when we think of saving $5 on a frag from a fellow reefer, that has no overhead. Without the LFS we would limit selection,quality control convenience etc. I have been very happy with the LFS I've done business with. The one who went farthest to back his word was Chris

Fishfreak_MA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed he has some great corals in there. I've never had any frags I bought from him not grow well where as from hobbyists I seem to have about a 15% rate or so of frags that RTN. Likely because they're fresh cut and just don't make it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back