• SEACHEM PHOSGUARD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nzkiwi80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to try this again as one of my options to fight GHA.

ROWA phos was recommended to me, but I think because he stocked it and not the other, he's words were "You don't want AF Phosphate minus, you need something like ROWAPhos" which I'm unsure about.

My issue is ROWAPhos is an hours drive. AF is 20 mins.

Which is better to remove phosphates and fight GHA

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GFO is GFO. It doesn't matter. I like gfo over the other options if you can run it but in reality any of those work.

Have you tried fluconazole?

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's fluconazole?

flux rx is an antifungal that is reef safe but kills derbesia hair alage and bryopsis. I used it at one point and it worked well. It takes about 2 weeks but worked very well for me and some others I know of.

schuby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe all GFO is the same. Rowaphos is high-quality GFO. Also, high phosphate doesn't result in GHA, IME. Zero phosphate or zero nitrate equals bad news for your tank.

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe all GFO is the same. Rowaphos is high-quality GFO. Also, high phosphate doesn't result in GHA, IME. Zero phosphate or zero nitrate equals bad news for your tank.

High phosphates fuel green hair algae. That plus lack of competition and predators.

And true, some gfos have greater capacity than others (such as brs high capacity vs standard). But, I don't know how much of a difference it makes I can't really say for sure other than it seems like the difference isn't that big.

Back