Aqua Gadget 15 Gallon Hydrofill.... Float level acid safe???

  • Thread starter Thread starter JTP424
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JTP424

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2022
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
3,257
Location
US
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok...
So I picked up one of these used:
ATO Aqua Gadget
It's caked with algae....
If I dump in diluted muriatic (no easy way to clean inside the water level....)
Will the acid eat the little red pellet?
 
Will the acid eat the little red pellet?
What is a little red pellet? picture?
 
In the bottom of the reservoir is this little floaty....
1761773610072.png
 
I would assume the floating pellet is plastic based. Mild acid should have little effect. If its glass then mild acid could dull the finish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new