Aqua Illumination new clusters

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Come to think of it I might keep them and run 2 26's and 2 34's over my 75g. Is that too much lol

It's the norm 4"er

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come to think of it I might keep them and run 2 26's and 2 34's over my 75g. Is that too much lol

It's the norm 4"er

That would be A LOT of light over that tank. I would think 3 would be overkill, but more in line with HIGH demand corals. I will have basically that (4 x 32's) over my 6'x2'x2' tank.

waywardreefer

Discipline Equals Freedom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's the norm 4"er

The money from the sale "could" go to the 34's, at a loss, but keeping your 26's will give you more flexiblity in the future...they're still great lights...keep 'em

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The description does say more power and par so I would assume they are bumping watts with the new ones. I’m going to think we will not be able to upgrade these like we can with the Radions

Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really wish they would have put out some kind of teaser to let potential buyers know this was coming down the pipe. I just purchased my primes about a month and a half ago and would have waited had I know these were coming. Not like they are cell phones where we know we're getting new models every year. Not that the primes aren't enough, but even if these are only marginal improvements I would still have liked to have it.
Ditto, doesn’t show much concern about their customers does it

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not that I have seen. There is VERY little info out there on these new lights. They kept things super quiet and kind of just put them out. They are available as of today. Maybe they will do some kind of trade in program for current Hydra 26 or 52 owners.
I would love for radion to do that

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They said I would need 2 for my 60x24x30 with 30 being the height.
what do you (anyone) think about that.

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Didn’t take long for retailers to begin dropping prices on the old series ... 20% drop happening right now!

8B2F5B4B-5FCE-4F7B-8CBD-52A1E906543B.png

Reefermadness89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now the real questions
The prime 16hd reef looks nice, what is the point of the sol though? Isn’t it just less light options?
And should I just jump on the smaller old version hydra, I can’t imagine a 20long tank would benefit from 2 pucks vs one with similar spread..
deff want to get the newer leds though, the new features seem nice and it’s the same price as the old models. Noice!
Anyone with the current prime hd know if it’s worth getting the new version or is the old primeHD worth that sweet sweet 20% off

Codiak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up 2 of 'em from BRS a few min ago. Also grabbed an AI Fuge Light while on sale. I plan on using the hydra 26's with a 36" AquaticLife T5 hybrid later as I collect all the pieces to my future tank...now just to wait for Black Friday and the Christmas sales to try and knab up some more! Piecemealing everything feels like collecting Pokemon
I'm guessing the Black Friday 26HD prices are going to be a steal. I have 3- 26HD's on a 5' tank, plenty of room for one more ! (at least)

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone really expect these new lights to make any real difference from the last 2 models when it comes to coral health and growth? Like a true noticeable difference?

Serious question. I like new toys as much as the next person but this led thing has been one constant upgrade path for almost 10 years now. I am still kicking an ati t5 fixture that is going on about 10 years old (had to replace the fans tho)

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The description does say more power and par so I would assume they are bumping watts with the new ones. I’m going to think we will not be able to upgrade these like we can with the Radions

It says more PAR and SPREAD. The 26HD is still 90W, so my guess would be more efficient LED's with better Lenses. Just switching to better lenses could improve both PAR and spread. I am sure they could develop some kind of upgrade kit for the 26's, but will they? Time will tell, but I don't have high hopes.

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also a 12 year user with the ATI Sunpower with Reefbrites. I am thinking to make a change to Leds as to be honest the electricity bill is killing my monthly expenses.

Apart from price and power that each model produce between the 32 and 64 what will you experts recommend me for my standard 125 6' (72 x 18 x 24) SPS tank and how much?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back