Aqua one aquariums

Gotts6501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's people's opinions on aqua one aquariums? I can't find much online reference reviews etc
I'm stuck between the aqua one 90 and waterbox marine 35.1,is the waterbox really worth the extra 225? I'm not worried about equipment etc

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned a few Aquaone aquariums. A 400L aquareef and the 180L aquareef and loved them. Really well made aquariums. As you mentioned equipment I will say the skimmer that came with it was garbage. I replaced it within a few weeks with a bubble magus and it worked great. I think they are having some supply issues just now. Well certainly here in the UK. Covid I guess.

OP
OP
Gotts6501

Gotts6501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned a few Aquaone aquariums. A 400L aquareef and the 180L aquareef and loved them. Really well made aquariums. As you mentioned equipment I will say the skimmer that came with it was garbage. I replaced it within a few weeks with a bubble magus and it worked great. I think they are having some supply issues just now. Well certainly here in the UK. Covid I guess.
Thank you! Much appreciated, my mate has the 120 which is really nice, just always nice to see reviews etc which just seem to be lacking

Clarkii82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting aside my novice experience of keeping a reef tank, I've found the tank to be a good starter tank. I've had the Aqua One 190 set up for the past 3 years. It's my first reef tank but had I researched some more I might have bought differently.

It's quite a tall tank and, even though I'm 6ft1, it's a pain to clean and move the aquascape (when needed in the early days). I've found it's also quite noisy when the water flowing from the tank to the sump as there's not much option to angle the down pipe.

I've found also that the upper panels are quite thin and don't really support my lighting requirements which hang on the upper back panels. I had to find a spare wood panel to thicken out for the light bracket to fit.

The sump is not ideal either. At first I didn't give it much thought as it was my first sump. However, there's very little space inside and really the only option is for a hang on back protein skimmer which from what I can find is a limited range for the available space.

All in all, I will look to upgrade at some point in the future and hope to be able to sell this tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back