Aqua SD rainbow and other rainbow acros.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquaph8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The ASD Rainbow Milli is one of the first original colored millis that were available at the time.. The reason it was called rainbow is because there wasn't any other rainbows at the time and the colors it has were considered rainbow
 
Please clog it up, these threads are more fun with pictures anyways. I'll even change the name if we have to.

Cool, nice name change! I guess I kind of have to share now huh? Well I am sure you all are tired of the pics I posted recently but here it goes anyways. Its not a Millie and I am not really sure what it is honestly. Its still a small piece because it was a wild Aussie frag basically on the side of a small rock encrusted over it with golden brown acro. Looked horrible but this is what it is now. I see Forrest green, blue, gold and pink. The pink is much easier to see when the lights are all on though. I consider this a rainbow but I am somewhat color blind to colors that appear close. And I am biased because I LOVE wild thick acros :). So maybe I am seeing what I want to, but I still think its more than most of the rainbows that people put out now have.

 
Be careful when buying "rainbow" labeled corals. If you're going to drop good coin on a coral try to find it in other people's tanks especially those who have the same type lighting as you to get as good of an idea as you can to what it actually looks like. Personally, I prefer to buy coral from fellow reefers. Hope with more time in your tank that your rainbow hycanthus becomes just that.

I am not a fan of buying coral from others tanks because no one collects the stuff that interests me, and everyone in my area has the same corals. I have bought a couple from other reefers, but most I know were wild when they got them. I enjoy the surprise of what I might be and what it could be with the right ingredient. I doubt the hyanthicus will turn rainbow. But I paid a little for it because I haven't seen the base color or tip color on this type of acro before and it entriged me.
 
I am not a fan of buying coral from others tanks because no one collects the stuff that interests me, and everyone in my area has the same corals. I have bought a couple from other reefers, but most I know were wild when they got them. I enjoy the surprise of what I might be and what it could be with the right ingredient. I doubt the hyanthicus will turn rainbow. But I paid a little for it because I haven't seen the base color or tip color on this type of acro before and it entriged me.

I don't buy much from local reefers anymore, I was mainly talking about the sale forums here and on other boards. But, then again, I like a lot of the old school lineaged acros.
 
Oh yea, I have not taken the opportunity to buy from other board members yet, but most posts are full of vendor acros as well. Still beautiful stuff though! :)
 
My ASD Rainbow Mille at its happiest on the frag rack. Not really rainbow but an awesome bright dark orange.

15165329753_2184f656c9_b.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new