• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Aquabiomics - Very poor experience, stole my money

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ReefDreamz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel that I've given @AquaBiomics a fair chance to make this situation right but they have chosen to ignore my emails.

I purchased a Microbiome – Snapshot test kit on July 2nd 2023.
I sent in my sample and it was confirmed as received by @AquaBiomics on July 17th 2023.
I got an automated email from @AquaBiomics on August 1st 2023 that my sample was processing and was in batch 55.
The results of batch 55 were distributed on August 23rd 2023 however, I did not receive a report and no report was available in my account.
I emailed @AquaBiomics support on August 23rd and informed them that I hadn't received a report. I received a reply that day from Melissa which said "Thanks for letting us know you can't view your report. I'll look into it and get back to you asap.".

That was 2 weeks ago and the last time I ever heard from them. I have sent three follow up emails with no response and I never received my report.

At best this is horrendous customer service and at worst it's straight theft. These test kits cost $99.

OP
OP
ReefDreamz

ReefDreamz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

It has now been 3 weeks since I last heard from @AquaBiomics and 7.5 weeks since they received my water sample. Since I posted this thread I have sent an additional two emails inquiring about my report to no avail. They provided me with no report and ghosted me.

It's not even the money I care about at this point but the principle and the time I took out of my day to perform the water sampling. I did however dispute the charge with my CC company and was reimbursed the $99.

For anyone considering using the @AquaBiomics service please beware. This is a shady company with shady business practices.

For full disclosure my email chain with @AquaBiomics is below.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 094454.jpg

OP
OP
ReefDreamz

ReefDreamz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

I finally received my report from @AquaBiomics. The note that accompanied it:

1695057360141.png

However, I was never told that my sample did not produce data after the first test and I was never "promised" that my sample was being retested in batch 56. I was not told anything nor did anyone ever reply to the emails I sent. I had no idea this was happening. My sample was received by @AquaBiomics on July 17th and I got my report on September 15th. Two months to get my test results and very poor communication about what was happening from @AquaBiomics customer service.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back