Aquacultured Yurple Tang

Nutramar Foods

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2022
Messages
380
Reaction score
386
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Yurple was bred from a Purple Tang and Yellow Tang to achieve a remarkable hybrid. This species is vigorously eating Nutramar Dry Foods, Nutramar Nori and Gamma Frozen Foods. All in all, the Yurple Tang can be a great, hardy, and beautiful addition to an aquarium. With proper tank maintenance and feeding habits the aquarist can have tremendous success with these cultured beauties. Given the right conditions they can be a remarkably hardy tang and can thrive in their captive environments.

5316337-12-26-23.jpg
 
To each their own, but I don’t understand the appeal here. I think a standard Purple Tang and a standard Yellow Tang both look better than the hybridization.

I get that they’re unique and rare, but I could find much better uses for $10K +.
 
I love 'em! Wish there was some way to see them more accessible because I'd love to have one!
 
Check out surge marine.
They have bred a purple/scopas hybrid that looks reaaly cool.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new