Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by 120reefkeeper, Dec 11, 2017.
ITS ALL JUST A DREAM YOU DID NOT WIN!
Package sent @Crimsonvice!
Congratulation, Phosphate minus is some good stuff @Crimsonvice
Thanks guys. Looking forward to trying it out!
That is all on Mike aka @120reefkeeper
Welcome!! I’ll be posting up my Aquascape pictures soon!!
Ok so let’s get this party started!! Lol I did finally complete the Aquascape. Now as I’ve mentioned before you’ll either love it or possibly hate it . This Aquascape has taken me many many hours of drying time and not to mention me working 80+ hours per week. Finding time was in 5 minute chunks.
I had to come up with some non conventional ideas for what I had envisioned. You see I’m a diver and being on many dives I’ve seen lots of different rock structures. With this Aquascape I attempted to replicate a wall dive that I had been to in Puerto Rico. Not the easiest thing to do!! Lol
I used STAX Rock from two little fishies, Aquaforest Stone Fix, and Aquarium grade silicone. I will give details as I post pictures.
Enjoy and I hope you like my Aquascape and it inspires you to think outside of the box and take a risk. I believe my risk has yielded an amazing Aquascape!
As you may remember I’ve used STAX rocks and I started with 120lbs.
great got here just in time!
So the first challenge... how do you attach STAX to the back wall of the tank?? Yes you read right.. the back wall. Well you use silicone and it has to be Aquarium safe silicone. I bought mine from Premium Aquatics. I also had to prop up pieces as I went layer by layer. Not only that but this left spaces in between he rocks. My solution to this was adding silicone into these voids and putting sand on it to camouflage the spaces. As you can see in further pictures there are places where I have a double layer of STAX in order to give the wall some dimension.
Layer by layer I worked my way up the back wall and had to wait each time for the silicone to dry enough to add the next layer. Patience is key!!
Love the idea of the over hang in front
After several days to say the least I had the first layer built on both sides of the over flow. In the mean time I was building the rest of the scape on top of a cardboard box, using the Aquaforest Stone fix and again a little silicone. Hiding the joints was done with the silicone being wet and applying sand to them .
I left the overflow in black, this allows for a very nice reflection of the back of the rock work as you will soon see.
So without further ado I give you the scape I created... let the photo bomb commence! Lol
Separate names with a comma.