OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of rocks did you use? It looks like you glued small pieces together. Did you cut the rocks, or just got small pieces?

Very impressive. I like how you have a flow nozzle going into the rock work to provide flow back there.

This is STAX rock by Two Little Fishies. Really cool stuff! [emoji4]

I used Aquaforest Stone Fix and some Aquarium Grade silicone.

Thanks for the kind words... this was quite a bit of work, but it turned out pretty Awesome. [emoji4]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be something special. Great work on aquascaping Michael. Looking forward to next step ;)

Yes I agree I’m very pleased on how AF Stone Fix preformed! The tank is now getting wet and wil soon be cycling.

Thank you for the kind words! [emoji4]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don't mind when you see this technique borrowed in the future :rolleyes: looks amazing, great work!!

I don’t mind at all ! Lol that’s a huge compliment!

You’ll need a lot of patience for this one. [emoji6]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Michael,
That is one heck of a job you did on the scape so far, sets up nicely for plugging corals on all those killer ledges. Working on details, but I have a strange feeling we will be in communication more often ;) Anyway, are you decided on the types of corals with this tank yet? And, assuming you still going strong with 120? Once again, congrats on the new setup and amazing display already!

Thanks Perry! Yes tons of places for corals!! The 120 is in a transition. I ended up making some major changes to it , but yes it’s still going [emoji4]

I have not decided what coral I’m permanently going with. My initial thought was to go with Softies and LPS. This Aquascape now makes me re think [emoji848].

So it’s still up in the air at this point. [emoji4][emoji41]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been lurking since this thread started... the scape has been well worth the wait and I think it's awesome. Rock mason with military precision!

Thank you for the kind comments! I do dabble with Art ..... AKA drawing. So for me I envisioned what the end result would be and let my hands , mind and experience lead the way.

Military Precision yes with an artist eye and the Patience of a sniper. [emoji6][emoji41]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an impressive scape. I knew this build was going to be epic.

Thanks for the great compliment! [emoji4] thank you also for having confidence in me! [emoji6][emoji41]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the scape. Can't wait to see this tank progress. I love seeing how different and amazing tanks can be.

Thank you for the kind words! That’s what it’s about... make your tank yours! Own it and don’t be afraid to think outside of the box! Take a chance. Sometimes with a risk you get a great reward . [emoji41]

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind words! That’s what it’s about... make your tank yours! Own it and don’t be afraid to think outside of the box! Take a chance. Sometimes with a risk you get a great reward . [emoji41]
I agree. It's really nice to be able to check out others ideas when they build there tank. I would have never thought about building your scape. This hobby and forum amazes me everyday. I can't wait to see this tank in a couple years.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. It's really nice to be able to check out others ideas when they build there tank. I would have never thought about building your scape. This hobby and forum amazes me everyday. I can't wait to see this tank in a couple years.

Thanks again ! Yes I’ve seen many many great designs over the years. Now if I can just have this level of patience when it comes time to go coral shopping! Lol [emoji23]

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again ! Yes I’ve seen many many great designs over the years. Now if I can just have this level of patience when it comes time to go coral shopping! Lol [emoji23]
Ha! That I can't help with my friend. Me and my wife have CCBD, compulsive coral buying disease! ;Hilarious

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Keep us all updated! I wish I could design something that neat!

Oh I’ll definitely keep everyone updated! You can design something like this... everyone can. A piece of paper and a pen are mighty my friend.. from drawing board concept to building to final product.... if you can dream it , it can be done! Dedication and time... you have to be determined to go after what you want and be relentless... step by step , piece by piece. Patience and persistence are key! [emoji41]

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this, well done.

And props to you, it takes balls to glue rocks to the back wall. Especially working slowly and maintaining confidence that it would all work out. This is great.

It would be so much fun to do this on my next tank.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this, well done.

And props to you, it takes balls to glue rocks to the back wall. Especially working slowly and maintaining confidence that it would all work out. This is great.

It would be so much fun to do this on my next tank.

Yes I took a chance... glad it worked out lol! It was very monotonous work ! I did question myself along the way and overcame some challenges. I’m glad you like it! [emoji4]

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 44 40.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 29.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back