OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking sweet Michael! Love the detail and the documentation, very informative, but most importantly, that tank is freaking sick!!!

Thanks Perry!! This system is shaping up to be freaking awesome!!

Aquaforest products [emoji736] best products I’ve ever used!!

Waterbox 135.4 [emoji736] this tank is just freaking awesome!! The more I look at the attention to detail the more I fall in love with it!! What else can I say but WOW!!!

My time and energy going into this build is definitely on display for everyone to enjoy! It was definitely worth every minute I’ve put into it!! [emoji41][emoji41]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning to only use the Life Biofil to house bacteria or any plans for Siporax or the like?

I’m only going to use Life Bio Fil in this build. It will be more than sufficient and efficient for handling the job. After using this product on a previous tank, I can say it’s up to the job. [emoji123][emoji6]

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m only going to use Life Bio Fil in this build. It will be more than sufficient and efficient for handling the job. After using this product on a previous tank, I can say it’s up to the job. [emoji123][emoji6]
Good to know. The reason I ask is I'm trying to decide which way to go with nutrient export for my own tank. Was originally going to go with refugium/macroalgae along with AF balling but am now leaning toward AF nutrient reduction methods, but using Siporax.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. The reason I ask is I'm trying to decide which way to go with nutrient export for my own tank. Was originally going to go with refugium/macroalgae along with AF balling but am now leaning toward AF nutrient reduction methods, but using Siporax.

If your going to use Siporax ... 2 pieces of advice.

1. Rinse it really really well in RODI WATER and use the 25mm noodles.

2. Use Aquaforest Life Bio Fil lol it’s already seeded with bacteria.

The Siporax will take quite a long time to seed.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your going to use Siporax ... 2 pieces of advice.

1. Rinse it really really well in RODI WATER and use the 25mm noodles.

2. Use Aquaforest Life Bio Fil lol it’s already seeded with bacteria.

The Siporax will take quite a long time to seed.

I did purchase the 25mm noodles, they haven't arrived yet. Ugh, maybe I should have gone Bio Fil. Does it require a reactor or could it be run passively just as well?

My tank is nearly 3 weeks post cycle, I need it ready to rock for sps sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did purchase the 25mm noodles, they haven't arrived yet. Ugh, maybe I should have gone Bio Fil. Does it require a reactor or could it be run passively just as well?

My tank is nearly 3 weeks post cycle, I need it ready to rock for sps sooner rather than later.

You don’t have to run it in a reactor, but it is better. Just like other media types .... carbon.... gfo etc... always “ better” to run in a reactor but not necessary.

I have run it in a bag and it still works fine [emoji4]

If I were you I’d pick up some life Bio Fil , put it in a bag and run it with the Siporax once you get it .

Reeferdude56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey @120reefkeeper, I have been following the build and am super impressed. I am strongly considering setting up a 135.4 waterbox as well. I really like the look of the stax rocks in your tank. I was just curious though, how many pounds of stax rocks are in your tank. I was just wondering so i can plan accordingly for mine. Once again i love the tank and look foward to see where this goes!

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey @120reefkeeper, I have been following the build and am super impressed. I am strongly considering setting up a 135.4 waterbox as well. I really like the look of the stax rocks in your tank. I was just curious though, how many pounds of stax rocks are in your tank. I was just wondering so i can plan accordingly for mine. Once again i love the tank and look foward to see where this goes!

There is a total of 120lbs of STAX in this Aquarium. Thanks for the compliment and for following! [emoji4].

It’s been a fantastic build so far ! [emoji4]

Popp's Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has pulled me out of lurking on the forums the past year and finally setting up an account! I was just about to order this same tank last week while following along and glad I waited as I'm crossing fingers they come out with a 60x24x24. Throw me into the AF camp as I see nothing but good stuffing coming out of it also!

keep the updates coming. Love the direction you've been taking this and thank you for your service! :)

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has pulled me out of lurking on the forums the past year and finally setting up an account! I was just about to order this same tank last week while following along and glad I waited as I'm crossing fingers they come out with a 60x24x24. Throw me into the AF camp as I see nothing but good stuffing coming out of it also!

keep the updates coming. Love the direction you've been taking this and thank you for your service! :)
So glad you finally decided to join us!! Welcome aboard!! Thanks for the kind words!

AF Products Rock!! Waterbox Aquariums are just simply awesome!!! Stay tuned I’m sure I’ll be updating as we go along!

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquaforest 110 Reactor is online with Life Bio Fil inside [emoji123][emoji123]

ddd338972ffcbdc4a49177662451ddf5.jpg

72fe095076308434d61eeba28362e3d1.jpg

82c55bfdd07ced68f8f84fea85f37c69.jpg

0134fff17ec0f683d069c6e0c0da43df.jpg
I little early for the life bio fil?? Are you running zeomit also?

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I little early for the life bio fil?? Are you running zeomit also?

Not at all. Life Bio Fil has bacteria on it already. With a new system you need to have bacteria quickly. It would be the same thing as adding live rock, but without all the pests.

Not running any zeomix yet. Need to build up the bacteria field first.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all. Life Bio Fil has bacteria on it already. With a new system you need to have bacteria quickly. It would be the same thing as adding live rock, but without all the pests.

Not running any zeomix yet. Need to build up the bacteria field first.
I found I just have to use a small amount of Zeomit;)

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read the whole thread. I really like the rock wall aquascape. Very unique and creative. Cannot wait to see this full of coral.

Thanks for taking the time to read it all lol! Welcome aboard! Thanks for the compliments! Ahh yes corals!! Can’t wait either!! [emoji41]

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back