Aquaforest Dry Dosing System to match 123 Bundle

  • Thread starter Thread starter FlyPenFly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FlyPenFly

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
743
Reaction score
337
Location
San Diego, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using the AF 1+2+3+ bundle right now and would like to switch to the dry and make my own.

Would prefer to keep it to 3 fluids like I use now. Would this work correctly?

Calcium Dry + Component A + Component B : Add 5 mL each to 1000 mL
Mg Dry + Component K : Add 5 mL to 1000 mL
KH Buffer + Component C : Add 5 mL to 1000 mL

Should I add the Mineral Salt to the Mg Dry + K solution at 25g per 1000 mL ? Would this be equivalent to the fluid bundle I use now?

I wonder if I should switch to the BRS Pharma grade bundle and use the AF strong component system for trace elements... I guess if I can calculate the concentrations right that might work too.
 
I love the 3 part by AF. I am curious why you want to switch to dry? More time consuming in my opinion.

But here is a video that may help. Good luck!

 
I love the 3 part by AF. I am curious why you want to switch to dry? More time consuming in my opinion.

But here is a video that may help. Good luck!



I think it’s significantly cheaper by 300-400 percent if not more. I am running through the fluid quickly as my SPS colonies grow faster. A good problem to have!
 
Just want some clarity if adding mineral salt to the Mg solution is the best way to get this done or if it’s better to make a Ca Mg solution and dose mineral salts separately.
 
Well duh, should have checked their FAQ



....



When making my own Component 1+ 2+ 3+ with the dry Calcium, Magnesium and KH Buffer, I was wondering if the homemade mixed solution is exactly the same as the premade solution.
You can mix your own Component 1+2+3+ using:
Solution 1: Calcium + Strong A + Strong B
Solution 2: KH Buffer + Strong C
Solution 3: Magnesium + Reef Mineral Salt + Strong K
 
I think it’s significantly cheaper by 300-400 percent if not more. I am running through the fluid quickly as my SPS colonies grow faster. A good problem to have!
I hope its working out well for you. I am switching from BRS 2 part to AF dry. I just ordered the AF dry for Kh, Ca, Mg+component ABC n K and also did the mineral salt.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new