Aquaforest products?

Brewman1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'am starting to see more and more post about this aqua forest brand of salt and supplements. Can anyone tell me more about the hype of this product? What is so special about it?

ctsps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not hype,i have tons of sps and switched to reef salt and components 1,2,3,way better polyp extension and color than using reef crystals, all of the salts parameters are closer to seawater

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not hype,i have tons of sps and switched to reef salt and components 1,2,3,way better polyp extension and color than using reef crystals, all of the salts parameters are closer to seawater

+1 It is also more cost effective, and ready for this? The product is simple and straight forward to use.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested, dose anyone have a detailed over-view of the products and how they are using them?

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested, dose anyone have a detailed over-view of the products and how they are using them?
what would you like in the detailed over view?

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the AF salts and products I've used so far. I'm using up the rest of my Red Sea product line and then switching over to the full AF program. Super excited to see what the full impact will be on my reef. There's a lot of information out there on the AF products, which I've been researching and following on all the forums. A revolutionary product line for the reefing hobby!

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you are interested in this product line I recommend taking a drive to School of Fish in Mass and talking to David. They have been carrying the full line since November. A few members of the BOD stopped in this past weekend and had a long conversation about the Aquaforest line. I was intrigued by what I had been reading, but the cost of start up seemed high...after talking to David, Nichole and I will be switching over to the aquaforest line (or a part there of) as soon as we transfer our frag tank to the new basement system.

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I have not hear anything negative about the product line. Salt mixes in 15 minutes, improved polyp extension and color, and increased growth.

I am definitely considering the switch based on all of the success stories. We spent a good amount of time talking to the owner of School of Fish in Springfield and he is extremely knowledgeable about the product line. They were one of the first LFS to receive AF. His prices were right in line with the online prices also.

CTARS will have some of the AF foods that we will raffle at the meeting tomorrow and both reef and probiotic salt for Aprils meeting all donated by School of Fish.

Suicideissleep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a trip to bobs has very good pricing on af products best ive seen around worth the trip saving alone paid for gas and lunch.

School of fish is local for people upstate but also aqua dreams will be carring it soon too so seems like everone is getting on this train

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55880e4eaa4f98192509811b7c03dc78.jpg

These items are in our raffle for this evenings meeting!

Tradewinds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mean to push my way into a club discussion, but believe the topic of Aquaforest products go beyond local club usage. I have been dosing Aquaforest components 1, 2, & 3 for several weeks and have seen better polyp extension and brighter colors in my corals. I plan to try the Aquaforest salt once my current salt inventory is consumed.

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few factors to consider when choosing between the salts. The probiotic salt leans more towards the ULNS as well as requires small frequent water changes.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't seem all that much more than red sea as far as the salt mix goes. I may be jumping on the bandwagon soon as well. There seems to be a whole lot of supplements but I've only glanced over things. Is there also a 3 or 4 part dosing regimen comparable to triton? Cost comparison?

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand there is a daily 3 part (Components 1,2,3) that sells for 50 bucks. That gets you 5L of all three parts. You dose a little over an ounce per 27 gallons of water volume.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand there is a daily 3 part (Components 1,2,3) that sells for 50 bucks. That gets you 5L of all three parts. You dose a little over an ounce per 27 gallons of water volume.
I have been using 1+2+3 since January, before I started using the 1+2+3(Balling Method) I was dosing everything (ca, mg, kalwasser, reef colors ABCD) mixing a measuring. My parameters were kind of steady. Now my parameters are now where I really do not have to check them with no mixing. I also switch over to the reef salt 3 weeks ago. Link to the 1+2+3 http://aquaforest.eu/product/component-1-2-3/

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back