AquaIllumination Blade Announced

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And look for this. It is as bad as it is zoomed in. I know of one other household who has a Blade with the same issue. This is a Glow.

IMG_0409D.jpeg

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And look for this. It is as bad as it is zoomed in. I know of one other household who has a Blade with the same issue. This is a Glow.

IMG_0409D.jpeg
It's a shame they can't get their QC in check, same with goes with the primes and burned leds..
I've seen your PAR measurements too, I wonder how ReefDudes got better readings than you though.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a reason many say never buy a new product until its been out around a year. I have seen to many aquarium products rushed out complete with faults ( some must have been known by the comoany) before they were ready and fully tested. Ecotech have been guilty of such in the past.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a reason many say never buy a new product until its been out around a year. I have seen to many aquarium products rushed out complete with faults ( some must have been known by the comoany) before they were ready and fully tested. Ecotech have been guilty of such in the past.
Probably not a year but at least 3 or 6 months, Ecotech and AI have the same owner so they seem to do some beta test with users.

reeefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a 12” grow for an IM 15 cube I’m setting up. Quality is nice and I’m going to try it out using the tank mount instead of mounting on a bracket. Easy to setup in the app and has full schedule control. I like that it doesn’t have a fan and uses less wattage but still has good output, we shall find out!

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there is a big difference between beta testing with users rather than beta testing on costumers.
They do both, first they give their lights to some "influencers" then they sell their almost ready products (products with some issues) then (if possible) fix all their issues and keep selling their products.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do both, first they give their lights to some "influencers" then they sell their almost ready products (products with some issues) then (if possible) fix all their issues and keep selling their products.
Thing is there aren't many industries where this kind of practices are acceptable, then why here?
We talk about hundreds of dollars worth of lighting (Radions, Hydras), pumps (Nero, MP, Vectras, Versas) and other products which suppose to keep highly delicate animals alive.

It's one thing to say the software isn't baked because it can be fixed remotely, but *** it's hw, and it'll be shipped abroad to international costumers with limited or no access to warranties, what would they do?

That's at least my 2 cents, which were earned by the very same practices AI/Ecotech employs here, and as someone who now knows better not to deal with a company that doesn't respect its own customers.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And those who buy the first defective products praise the manufacturer for sending them new parts to DIY fix it FOC lol.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you wont catch me buying another ai thing i have had nothing but a bad time with them and there customer service sucks

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This is standard in almost every industry. It’s not exclusive to the saltwater industry.

Cars? You bet ya. Phones? Absolutely. Companies with bank accounts deeper than the Mariana Trench and it happens all the time.

People can talk smack all day long but you simply can not beta test everything. How a company handles the issues speaks volumes. Nothing is perfect especially not in a small hobby like ours

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back