AquaIllumination Blade Announced

RZGreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone own these light duplicates what I’m having. I bought two 21” blade from two different venders and one came in last week. I notice the left side of my tank has more white while the other side has more blue. 21” have two cluster and each cluster lit out 2 different spectrum so I call AI customer service and they agree to sending out a replacement .It’s been 6 days and they haven’t ship it out yet, first time dealing with ecotech CS and it’s not looking good. Well yesterday I received the second one that was delay by the usps and the same issue happen again with this light. I’m very frustrated with their customer service not sending out the replacement and now with the second one having the same issue.

I'm having the same issue, except mine is the 12" Grow. The first one I bought from the store (Jan 19th) had more blue on one side, and the other was more white. I contacted AI, they asked for photos, and agreed to replace it. It took about a week to get the replacement, and that had the same exact issue again.

However, before replacing a second time, they wanted time to receive back the original (they paid for shipping) and have their techs check it out. They did that, and agreed the store bought one was faulty, and agreed to replace the one they had sent out too. I'm waiting for them to send the 2nd replacement currently as well - a few days to ship back, a week for their techs to assess, and now another week waiting for them to ship. I've contacted them and they keep assuring me they'll send it very soon. I'm guessing they are having supply issues possibly or a lot of returns?

They also claim this light imbalance is very unusual, and had me take photos of the entire aquarium, of the room (to check for stray light?), of it plugged into a different outlet, and even showing how when I turn the blade around the imbalance of light moves with the light itself and that it's not a shadowing issue.

I'm hoping the second replacement comes soon, and this time the lights aren't out of balance. If they are again a third time, I'd have to guess it's a defect in their design. I'm really sorry to hear you're having the same problem, but it does give me additional reassurance that this problem is more widespread and not just isolated to me.

Anyone else notice this? It's most obvious on the sand bed where one side looks blue, and the other looks white.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know AI primes sometimes have this issue.. separate fixtures though but sometimes they do not match on the same settings.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same issue, except mine is the 12" Grow. The first one I bought from the store (Jan 19th) had more blue on one side, and the other was more white. I contacted AI, they asked for photos, and agreed to replace it. It took about a week to get the replacement, and that had the same exact issue again.

However, before replacing a second time, they wanted time to receive back the original (they paid for shipping) and have their techs check it out. They did that, and agreed the store bought one was faulty, and agreed to replace the one they had sent out too. I'm waiting for them to send the 2nd replacement currently as well - a few days to ship back, a week for their techs to assess, and now another week waiting for them to ship. I've contacted them and they keep assuring me they'll send it very soon. I'm guessing they are having supply issues possibly or a lot of returns?

They also claim this light imbalance is very unusual, and had me take photos of the entire aquarium, of the room (to check for stray light?), of it plugged into a different outlet, and even showing how when I turn the blade around the imbalance of light moves with the light itself and that it's not a shadowing issue.

I'm hoping the second replacement comes soon, and this time the lights aren't out of balance. If they are again a third time, I'd have to guess it's a defect in their design. I'm really sorry to hear you're having the same problem, but it does give me additional reassurance that this problem is more widespread and not just isolated to me.

Anyone else notice this? It's most obvious on the sand bed where one side looks blue, and the other looks white.
The 12” units are out of stock everywhere which has me wonder if they had all the vendors send them back.

Makomek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it software issue and are you using myai or mobius? I’m giving them another day or two after that I’m getting a refund from the vender. For me I can see it on my corals where one side white led, the RB and Blue is fine but the white have issue.

RZGreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it software issue and are you using myai or mobius? I’m giving them another day or two after that I’m getting a refund from the vender. For me I can see it on my corals where one side white led, the RB and Blue is fine but the white have issue.

I tried both MyAI and Mobius, and same issue with both. If it's a software issue it must be in the controller within the light itself, would be my guess. If I could return and get a refund, I would, but my local store (World Wide Corals) doesn't take returns.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with my Radions (Freshwater), one light has different blues than the other one, I bought one first and then a few months later I got the second light.

So my suggestion with Radions and AIs is that you should buy all your lights you need at the same time in the same store.

xCROv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, let us (me) know your experience when you have them :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:
Purchased one to try it out before committing to a second. Love the light so far. Right out of the box it was very simple to setup and looks great. I haven't used other reef lights so I have no reference to quality but so far Im really happy with the purchase. Given some of the comments recently in this thread, I'm glad I went Reefi lol. Gonna pickup a second one this weekend I think and will post pics and par readings after it comes in.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased one to try it out before committing to a second. Love the light so far. Right out of the box it was very simple to setup and looks great. I haven't used other reef lights so I have no reference to quality but so far Im really happy with the purchase. Given some of the comments recently in this thread, I'm glad I went Reefi lol. Gonna pickup a second one this weekend I think and will post pics and par readings after it comes in.
What a shame that you don't have more lights to compare with, but anyways congratulations and thanks for keeping us informed.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh wow. I'll have to open my 2nd 30"er to make sure both match up. just opened one to see if I like it.
build is going slow. but better check now to be safe.

jake37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a blade 30 freshwater - here are the pictures (set at 70%) the third picture is the same tnak a couple of months ago with plant 3.0:

1.jpg 2.jpg 29_nov_12_22.jpg
--
I kind of wish it would sit a little higher on the tank like the wrgb-2 - so not happy about that aspect. Other than that verdict is still out - i was never happy with the wrgb-2 visually since i could never get decent colours (too blue) the pro has a white light but i don't feel like buying something like that for the 29 test aquarium.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a blade 30 freshwater - here are the pictures (set at 70%) the third picture is the same tnak a couple of months ago with plant 3.0:

1.jpg 2.jpg 29_nov_12_22.jpg
--
I kind of wish it would sit a little higher on the tank like the wrgb-2 - so not happy about that aspect. Other than that verdict is still out - i was never happy with the wrgb-2 visually since i could never get decent colours (too blue) the pro has a white light but i don't feel like buying something like that for the 29 test aquarium.
where's the 3rd pic. now I wanna see...lol
they will have the light legs for them or I bet one could DIY them. or even better use the m8 built and build what you like.

jake37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where's the 3rd pic. now I wanna see...lol
they will have the light legs for them or I bet one could DIY them. or even better use the m8 built and build what you like.
The third picture is there - just scroll down to the 2nd picture of the aquarium - look at the substrate for tone difference. The idea of paying extra for molded plastic that could be included with the light is well marketing in a negative way. What is 'm8' ?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Feeshwater Blade is growing chaeto like a boss! Far less spill in the rest of the sump too since I can set it right on the sump.

I’ve also ordered a 57” Grow to go with my 57” Glow. Getting closer to a full swap on my tank.

OP
OP
aquaticlog

aquaticlog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone with 48” blades speak to the sag they might have?
they don't have any sag, you can see it here:

Now the 5 footers do sag, so I had to mount them differently eventually. Also documented in this video above.

RZGreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Following up on my earlier post about my 12" Blade Grow having out of balance color cast.

I just got in the 2nd replacement from AI, and once again same issue. One side is more blue, the other side is more white. This makes it 3 in a row now. I'm going to contact them again, but I'm kind of at a loss at this point.

Makomek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the replacement couple days ago and the color is less obvious than the old one. I have to look very closely at the sand to notice it , well I guess I can live with it.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the replacement couple days ago and the color is less obvious than the old one. I have to look very closely at the sand to notice it , well I guess I can live with it.

What a shame that those lights have that issue.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back