Aquamaxx 1.5 Hob enough for 75g?

steclo1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone was wondering how the aquamaxx 1.5 hob would work with a 75g. I have 6 fish so far and will maybe add one or 2 more. I have 2 clownfish 2 pink spotted gobies a bangai cardinal and a coral beauty. I'm running an fx6 right now but I wanted a little more filtration and was gonna add a co2 scrubber with the protein skimmer. That being said is this too much of a bioload or too much water volume for this skimmer? Definitely do not want overflow if the cup is gonna fill up too fast. Thank you all in advance!

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NGL, I haven't had great success with hob skimmers.

When I had my 75g I ended up building a sump and used an eshopps overflow box. This allowed me to get an actual skimmer that was worthwhile for the size of the tank. Also was able to move the heater out of the display too

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

steclo1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When I had my 75g I ended up building a sump and used an eshopps overflow box. This allowed me to get an actual skimmer that was worthwhile for the size of the tank. Also was able to move the heater out of the display

When I had my 75g I ended up building a sump and used an eshopps overflow box. This allowed me to get an actual skimmer that was worthwhile for the size of the tank. Also was able to move the heater out of the display too
I wish I would've went that route but I got the Ole canister filter trying to make that work now lol thank you for the input!

Upvote 0

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I would've went that route but I got the Ole canister filter trying to make that work now lol thank you for the input!
No problem at all. I don't think I used a name brand hob either and this was 6 years ago so you could have pretty good performance with a new one. Hope it works out for you!

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 104 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back