Aquamaxx HOB 1.5 Bubble issue

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had this protein skimmer for about 2 years at this point and I am getting really tired of constantly cleaning up salt creep. I do not have a sump or an all-in-one aquarium so it just hangs off the back of the display. But the issue is the fact that large bubbles come out of the outtake which causes it to rise to the surface and pop causing constant salt creep. I am aware that Aquamaxx has a bubble stopper but I really would hate to have a massive sponge visible in my display tank. I have also thought of just putting a coarse sponge in the outtake tube but that does not seem to be the safest option. So my question is if there are any DIY solutions out there.

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had this protein skimmer for about 2 years at this point and I am getting really tired of constantly cleaning up salt creep. I do not have a sump or an all-in-one aquarium so it just hangs off the back of the display. But the issue is the fact that large bubbles come out of the outtake which causes it to rise to the surface and pop causing constant salt creep. I am aware that Aquamaxx has a bubble stopper but I really would hate to have a massive sponge visible in my display tank. I have also thought of just putting a coarse sponge in the outtake tube but that does not seem to be the safest option. So my question is if there are any DIY solutions out there.
Add a U Tube to output. Buy an elbow, and a piece of straight pvc pipe. Have pipe approx: 1/4" below water line

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back