Aquamaxx rollmat in Reefer 250 V3 sump

sam1028

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone installed Aquamaxx af-rs170 or af-1 in reefer 250 v3 sump? Please share modifications required, pictures and other details if you did this. Thanks

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a one in my RS-170 and in my Somatic sump. you can look at my build thread for the somatic one. Although I don't think that would be relevant to you. The one in my RS 170 requires no modifications, so I would imagine the 250 should be the same. One note though on the aquamaxx fleece, it is 50 microns, that is a little bit too much for me. (most brands are around 50 microns) I actually use the red sea 500 fleece and cut an inch-ish off of it. while it is a couple dollars more than the Aquamaxx brand, because the Red Sea is around 200 microns, you are not going to go through fleece as fast.

OP
OP
S

sam1028

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a one in my RS-170 and in my Somatic sump. you can look at my build thread for the somatic one. Although I don't think that would be relevant to you. The one in my RS 170 requires no modifications, so I would imagine the 250 should be the same. One note though on the aquamaxx fleece, it is 50 microns, that is a little bit too much for me. (most brands are around 50 microns) I actually use the red sea 500 fleece and cut an inch-ish off of it. while it is a couple dollars more than the Aquamaxx brand, because the Red Sea is around 200 microns, you are not going to go through fleece as fast.
Thanks. Thats good to know. Will look into redsea fleece once filter roller is in.

I read in one of the threads, since sumps in 170 and 250 are flipped, aquamaxx rs170 cannot be used in 250

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Thats good to know. Will look into redsea fleece once filter roller is in.

I read in one of the threads, since sumps in 170 and 250 are flipped, aquamaxx rs170 cannot be used in 250
If you look on my build thread my somatic is that way. I just run it backwards. It is a little bit of a pain. But unions are your friend. Takes like five more minutes. Beats filter socks still

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back