Aquarium Controller, Friend or Foe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter flyfisher2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Okay, I looked for info on my service and this is the most detailed info I found regarding why I don’t have nor can I use a modem.
https://us.hitrontech.com/learn/do-you-need-a-modem-with-an-ont/
It is still an interface between the service providers transmission lines and your router. That is what a modem is. It got that name from the dial up days using a phone line. It has just stuck with the other types as well. All of them are different depending on what type of transmission lines the service provider uses. I am not sure why they are so against people calling it a modem though. The router does not know the difference between each of them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new