Aquarium Controller Mounting Inside my equipment cabinet

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Background
Want to clean up my wires a little more and gain more room by using more vertical space. My work schedule is a little chaotic at the moment so this project is currently still in the “i bought some materials stage”

Material so far

1 24”x24”x.25” PETG clear sheet
2 12”x24”x.5” Polyvinyl Chloride white boards
Decal sheets for my Dye sublimation printer to add a design of some kind to areas not used for mounting.
Controller is a Profilux 4 with desire to expand with 1 2.1 ghl doser and kh director and expansion boxes for pump control.

This is not a wet install, cabinet is separate from my aquarium stand. Plastics were chosen for look and ease of cleaning. As well as requiring no painting.

Tools
I am hoping to accomplish this build using saws and guides and adhesives. The clear petg sheet will be non support areas, to add additional areas to view equipment.

Cost so far
$86 for the sheets already had the adhesives and saws.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
MARINE DEPOT CONTROLLER BOARD

1569969753597.png
1569969779115.png

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4ECEE0E1-6C26-439F-969A-1954EF369FA4.jpeg

The building materials.
PVC board is very dense and heavy if using this make sure its supported in what ever application you are using.

Using pvc cement for pvc to pvc bonds and cyanoacetate and accelerator for pvc to petg(these are not support bonds).

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added another $5 to cost. Its october 2nd and 93 degrees here in NJ. While cutting my glasses fell off from sweat and saw blade went a little off. Using white foam rubber to seal the gaps. Will also ensure each piece of equipment is well seated in its respective hole.

Also to further organize my testing and feeding, adding a drawer to this somewhere.
All while...
Trying to remember another october it was above 90, and i needed bug spray as leaves were falling off trees around me.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, hope you enjoyed it while it lasted. Possible frost warnings a little bit further north of you this weekend.

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, hope you enjoyed it while it lasted. Possible frost warnings a little bit further north of you this weekend.
All for the early frost to kill the squitos :p
We are supposed to be in the 50’s i think, already started to cool drastically as the sun sets. Kept my ac off, tank hit 83.8 not that

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
034BE793-6B7E-4FCA-BDFA-2A6E0345DD3C.jpeg
Rough work in progress.
Still need to finish painting the cabinet. Right side will have a drawer on top for food and meds. Bottom will have another drwer for supplies and door to access the electronics. Not cutting inserts out for the dosers and kh director till i have them. Also need to do some triming of the foam insulation.

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Because why not do 2 projects at once, this eshopps hob over flow is becoming a drilled one for my qt tank.(while in metro i like using a sump for 14 days of pods for picky eaters).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back