OP
OP
Shadows Reef

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I have those same hinges and have built a new stand with parts from Tnutz.com (they’re fantastic!). I’ll dig through their website for some series 15 M4 bolts and hardware. I was thinking I was going to have to try to drill out the holes in the hinges, but that has proven to be extremely difficult! The metal just chews bits up.
Your welcome man, Sorry to hear of the headache, i know he has a ton of option on his website.

I have to say M4 is a perfect screw, because M5 five is too big and M3 just seems too small.

Another thing I just thought about is make sure the screw head is coned so it sits flush with the hinge

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your welcome man, Sorry to hear of the headache, i know he has a ton of option on his website.

I have to say M4 is a perfect screw, because M5 five is too big and M3 just seems too small.

Another thing I just thought about is make sure the screw head is coned so it sits flush with the hinge
Thank you very much for the information! I really appreciate the help!

shanearoonie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m impressed with your planning on this! Interested in the lighting inside the cabinet. I think I see LED strips around the top perimeter. Was it only around the top, or down sides also? Lighting looks very even. Also, did you get lights specifically designed for moist environments?

Harpo

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOW, what a build. Very inspiring! Someday I hope to have a build this epic.

What APC are you using, what are you running on it & how many hours is it good for?

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back