Aquarium Creations online?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experiance with these guys?? Looking at their tank raised chain moray. @Slocke @lion king wondering if youve ever heard or dealt with them for predator fish! LFS hates eels and wants nothing to do with ordering one in for me!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry missed this but no. Never heard of them. I generally only buy from LFSs
I passed on them, their site wont even let you add to the cart. I got from KP Aquatics, fair amount of people left good reviews in general and one person said their chain link was in perfect health and ate immediately. They had them for 30 dollars and small so I took the chance that way if it ends bad I didnt lose a ton of money on the eel. Also asked in my other thread, but what do you think of my arrow crab being okay with the chain link? Shes a good size. Shes my boyfriends favorite thing… I had a smaller arrow in my other tank but coral banded shrimp killed it I think. Cant get her shrimp butt out to move to my nano either.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I passed on them, their site wont even let you add to the cart. I got from KP Aquatics, fair amount of people left good reviews in general and one person said their chain link was in perfect health and ate immediately. They had them for 30 dollars and small so I took the chance that way if it ends bad I didnt lose a ton of money on the eel. Also asked in my other thread, but what do you think of my arrow crab being okay with the chain link? Shes a good size. Shes my boyfriends favorite thing… I had a smaller arrow in my other tank but coral banded shrimp killed it I think. Cant get her shrimp butt out to move to my nano either.
I really don't know. My big eel ate a lime sized hermit crab but thats a bigger eel with a different invert.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't know. My big eel ate a lime sized hermit crab but thats a bigger eel with a different invert.
My arrow crab is pretty touch, she fends off the triggers and tangs when they try to mess with her food I just know eels are not that easily fended off lol. Ill see how the eels temperament is before risking the arrow.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My arrow crab is pretty touch, she fends off the triggers and tangs when they try to mess with her food I just know eels are not that easily fended off lol. Ill see how the eels temperament is before risking the arrow.
Also do you know any way to clean a tank from copper? My observation tank I want to use for the eel is bare bottom but has run copper for a while and I know thats a no no with this guy. Can I make it safe for him?

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also do you know any way to clean a tank from copper? My observation tank I want to use for the eel is bare bottom but has run copper for a while and I know thats a no no with this guy. Can I make it safe for him?
Nope. I don't use copper. Sorry

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id clean it out with citric acid then run a filter on it with cuprisorb. I would definitely test a couple of times with a test kit to make sure all of it is out.

I dosed copper into a freshwater tank and cleaned it out with this method before converting to a reef. all my inverts have been healthy

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id clean it out with citric acid then run a filter on it with cuprisorb. I would definitely test a couple of times with a test kit to make sure all of it is out
Ah okay rather not risk it to be honest. Ill have to put the eel directly into the DT then most likely

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea if you are pressed for time, I would just put into the dt. You can definitely get it cleaned out, will just take some time
Yeah Ill do the DT. They dont really transmit anything from my understanding. Hope the little guy eats fine and I dont have to worry about internal parasites

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Ill do the DT. They dont really transmit anything from my understanding. Hope the little guy eats fine and I dont have to worry about internal parasites
Yeah they are resistent to skin parasites so should be good.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it does have internal is that transmittable to fish? Cant really find a solid answer
I'm not sure but those are generally transmitted through consumption so probably not. You are providing the food and most internal parasites have a life cycle that involves a prey species.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure but those are generally transmitted through consumption so probably not. You are providing the food and most internal parasites have a life cycle that involves a prey species.
Ah I plan on feeding a combo of rod’s carnivore and TLF chunky for the eel, see if he likes those foods. My triggers go nuts for them, my lion on the other hand has no interest unless its very small chunks so he may not like it!

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper has never been proven to be absorbed by silicone and leached back out, so a good cleaning should be fine, and obviously glass can not absorb. If there were any it would be at such a trace level it would make no difference. Although likely in a different form, copper is a necessary nutrient in small amounts and found in natural seawater, it's the toxic level that causes harm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper has never been proven to be absorbed by silicone and leached back out, so a good cleaning should be fine, and obviously glass can not absorb. If there were any it would be at such a trace level it would make no difference. Although likely in a different form, copper is a necessary nutrient in small amounts and found in natural seawater, it's the toxic level that causes harm.
Ah okay, so if the eel is being treated with copper when they get to the facility are they not going to live long because of that?

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a big no from me. I placed a small order and they sent me super dead coral and just didn't send me a fish
Good to know thank you. Ordered from KP Aquatics… they put eels in copper. Not happy to find that out and trying to cancel the order. @lion king based on your info Im assuming this eel wont live long am I correct?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back