Aquarium Creations online?

LightingBug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experiance with these guys?? Looking at their tank raised chain moray. @Slocke @lion king wondering if youve ever heard or dealt with them for predator fish! LFS hates eels and wants nothing to do with ordering one in for me!
I did several searches a few weeks ago b'c I liked some of the stuff thay had. Seems like a bad option.

Also,
Screenshot 2023-07-26 165443.png

It's been a while since Labor Day.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to what’s been said, I believe they are the same entity that was “Aquacon” back in the day. Aquacon had a terrible reputation back then and yea bad habit of ripping off customers or sending dead items and 0 communication.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to what’s been said, I believe they are the same entity that was “Aquacon” back in the day. Aquacon had a terrible reputation back then and yea bad habit of ripping off customers or sending dead items and 0 communication.
good to know! I will stay clear

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know thank you. Ordered from KP Aquatics… they put eels in copper. Not happy to find that out and trying to cancel the order. @lion king based on your info Im assuming this eel wont live long am I correct?

In the dimension I live in, eels do not live long after being exposed to copper. There are always variables as with concentration and length of stay, as well individual characteristics of the specific eel. Lifespan can vary but rarely goes beyond about a year. Obviously other factors can also come into play, I have spent about 30 years tracking and comparing various factors which relate to long term eel success. In my world it is not a risk I will take and will always advice against. I'm trying to be especially diplomatic, but frankly, I'm always proven right in the case of copper toxicity in eels. Some will pass through the system fast enough with minimal concentrations and you may get lucky. Most sources can't keep their sg stable, would you really rely on them dosing chemicals.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the dimension I live in, eels do not live long after being exposed to copper. There are always variables as with concentration and length of stay, as well individual characteristics of the specific eel. Lifespan can vary but rarely goes beyond about a year. Obviously other factors can also come into play, I have spent about 30 years tracking and comparing various factors which relate to long term eel success. In my world it is not a risk I will take and will always advice against. I'm trying to be especially diplomatic, but frankly, I'm always proven right in the case of copper toxicity in eels. Some will pass through the system fast enough with minimal concentrations and you may get lucky. Most sources can't keep their sg stable, would you really rely on them dosing chemicals.
Yeah and I trust your knowledge. The store tried to tell me it isnt bad for them and they are fine in copper. They offered to send me one next week that they just get in and isnt in copper. Not sure how much I trust that to be honest

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah and I trust your knowledge. The store tried to tell me it isnt bad for them and they are fine in copper. They offered to send me one next week that they just get in and isnt in copper. Not sure how much I trust that to be honest
And if Im going to get an eel I want it to live as long as it can

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KP Aquatics, right, they do have a good reputation. The fact they said that copper isn't bad for them, makes me question, but the experts on this board say the same thing. See the problem is they can survive the exposure, even full therapeutic treatment, but the problem is it does internal damage which may present as organ failure down the line. They don't see this, and many never make the connection, although it happens all the time. I think you mentioned your lfs didn't want to get one for you, how about having them order it and you pick it up in the shipping bag.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KP Aquatics, right, they do have a good reputation. The fact they said that copper isn't bad for them, makes me question, but the experts on this board say the same thing. See the problem is they can survive the exposure, even full therapeutic treatment, but the problem is it does internal damage which may present as organ failure down the line. They don't see this, and many never make the connection, although it happens all the time. I think you mentioned your lfs didn't want to get one for you, how about having them order it and you pick it up in the shipping bag.
One of my LFS wont deal with any predator other than the occasional lionfish . My other store is looking into it for me if his vendor has eels. I might try their one they have not in copper but I dont want my eel friend to die shortly down the road from copper. Already lost my puffer to the copper stuff, not losing an eel friend to it too!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back