AQuarium Depot reviews

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://aquariumdepot.com/baby-back-blue-eyes-zoanthids-coral-zoanthus-sp-10-polyps/

13 polyps for 19.99. Hard to beat
30ef93082bc78d4b9ae6cc2a11fe4ffc.jpg
87b7f584671ad9e931ae6ece899e0332.jpg

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered many times, I chose 2 day shipping on Zoa’s and no problems. The only time i have had problems are in winter and that is a bad idea anywhere. Both times they refunded my FULLY. Not the super hard to find stuff like at ASD but decent stock at very decent prices

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great experience with them I think people hate because the prices are low and people want to keep them high. I’ve done the 2day 14.99 shipping no problem!

Zoas from them pink diamonds and Nebula I believe

8ec388382b7c7946387c5dcf3b31c295.jpg

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in need of about 50 snails, so I think I will just order them through these guys, so I can tack on some cheap zoas...... and who knows what else.....

I love getting mail.....

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9.99 Florida Ricordea today. A couple different kinds. I've bought several of these at this price. About nickel size good color and have done well. Limit 2 per customer. Cheap way to start a garden. If anyone wants a real picture of what they look like holler.

Thom24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the info as I live in a small town in Ontario with only two lfs and they are very limited...desperate to find a reputable on-line retailer in Canada.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only once had an issue with Aquarium Depot, and they reshipped a bag of pods to me asap. I order amphipods at least twice a year and always add random inverts/coral as well.

In fact, just today I received my 6000 amphipods and 10 pep shrimp. Everything is alive an well, as usual.

Mary Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
This is the first time I get corals online.
This last Sunday, I ordered several Zoas and a Kenia Tree. I didn’t upgrade the shipment method to a 2 day delivery and I live in the Boston area. Does anyone here live this far away form the Aquarium Depot? If so, what state did your corals got to you?
Thank you

MrDuane-007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 12 items from them, 2 died within 30 days and they refunded me. Im in southern cali and the 2 day ship was fine for me. All of the other items are still flourishing in my tank. Good experience for me.

azreefkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keeping this thread up to date with a recent order. I've found that AD still has some of the best sized amphipods so I ordered another 1000 from them last week. Looking at the bag it seemed to be more like 200-250. To make things worse at least half were dead at the bottom of the bag. The survivors were added to my sump refugium. I took some of the dead ones ones and fed them to my fish. Not sure why there were so many dead. The packaging and cold packs looked great.

Fir3ant

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just made a large order...over $400. I got many different zoas, shrimp, crabs, marco, and candy cane.

First of all, the shrimp, crabs, and macro are all very healthy...whew. except that the xtra lrg hermit crabs I bought are Sooooo frigging tiny, that I can't imagine what their normal size looks like.

I am a zoa collector, and I can barely tell the variety of Zoas apart. They all look so similar, that I can hardly figure out what I am looking at. Ugh. They also didn't ship the most expensive zoas that I purchased.

The real kicker though was the red candy cane. The picture on their site is awesome. I had to have it, so I bought 4 heads. They are absolutely nothing like the pictures on their site, and neither were the yellow face zoas.

I'm gonna turn around and sell most of what I bought, and probably take a loss. I wish I had did my research before purchasing from them, but I have bought from so many online sellers, with no issues whatsoever, that I let my guard down.

Just wanted to vent and share my experience.
Who is good to order from in your opinion?

fnlyreefready

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is good to order from in your opinion?
There corals are cheap and I’m thinking about giving them a shot. I currently have a 72 gallon bow front with a few 20 head (5) zoanthid Colonies and a small anem. And it just looks bland to me so I want a way to buy a variety of corals to get the tank poppin.

1B4CB978-D9DE-4BE9-A258-E4887262E2B6.jpeg

fnlyreefready

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There corals are cheap and I’m thinking about giving them a shot. I currently have a 72 gallon bow front with a few 20 head (5) zoanthid Colonies and a small anem. And it just looks bland to me so I want a way to buy a variety of corals to get the tank poppin.

1B4CB978-D9DE-4BE9-A258-E4887262E2B6.jpeg

C92A8038-2B35-4D22-91F3-066B3CC1CEA1.jpeg 5DC06C8C-3D0A-4FFF-A588-5D4C284C253F.jpeg 8764764A-7E7C-4559-BD68-CC8505E442C1.jpeg E4BEEF89-6DDE-4F91-8016-15ACD6ACA025.jpeg

azreefkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My greatest concern in reading these reviews is that what you see in the pictures is not necessarily what you get in the order. The coral type might be a match but the coloration/intensity was not. I've never heard the same complaint from companies like WWC or LIveAquaria and a few other online outfits. Like they say, caveat emptor - buyer beware.

fnlyreefready

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My greatest concern in reading these reviews is that what you see in the pictures is not necessarily what you get in the order. The coral type might be a match but the coloration/intensity was not. I've never heard the same complaint from companies like WWC or LIveAquaria and a few other online outfits. Like they say, caveat emptor - buyer beware.
I’m sure they take there pictures with coral lenses I’m sure this could be part of the reason people feel like they are getting screwed I got spas from Petco and they aren’t very bright in color but are supposed to be green in color with orange boarder, I’m sure they stress during shipping and come off colored. It has been overnight for my zaos and the frags I bought where covered/ they had been in store for months the guy said.... so I spent my evening dragging them into smaller pieces and placing them in the tank. I put some of them on small pieces of rock and some on plugs and placed them around my tank for grow out. Already they have seemed to bounce back in color slightly and instead of being stretched for light they are now short and plump. The new nem. I got tho is the opposite. Within 20 minutes he went from being full and happy to waking up to him shriveled up. Hopefully he bounces back or I will be looking to make a return
Edit: after turning on the light he seems to already be extending again but is still not in good shape

image.jpg image.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back