Aquarium Diary, do you keep one?

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a Diary of just about everything on my Aquarium. Including purchases, Dry and Live Goods, my Dosing and Feeding Times, except for the Auto Feeding. Reminders for Scheduling Maintenanc. I used to keep a written Diary, but it was a bit cumbersome, and hard to go back and research. Now I use the CalenGoo App. the search engine is excellent, and it easily updates from device to device. IE iPhone to iPad to a Microsoft computer and back. If I want to see when I got my Lime Green Psammocora, and what progress it has made I can enter Psammocora and the list pops up. Like the time it got accidentally fragged. When setting CalenGoo up set up a Google Account first on a Computer then get the App. I would look at the set up procedures on your hand held device, while installing on your computer. I goofed on the original set up and lost a couple weeks, but haven’t lost a single entry or Calendar since. Yes, you can set up multiple color coded calendar. Sample of the search engine.
567657BD-7DC6-41CB-8DE0-A5A54B8690A6.png

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a spreadsheet with a sheet tracking testing parameters, dosing, evaporation rate, and water changes, a separate tab for equipment added, and another tab for livestock tracking including date added and the name of the vendor. I dump the data on water parameters to several charts for visuals on stability and/or swings.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, written diaries...they go back to 2000. I just do WC and testing, major events like new sump, skimmer cleaning, etc. I'm bad about some purchases though, when did I add that fish...

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar to what @kittenbritches does. I've got a spreadsheet for all my water params and dosing changes. Another tab for livestock additions and another for a 'journal' of sorts that has notes for events (like what day I noticed cyano first appear.)

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely, my mom for Christmas once got me a 365 days of reefing log book that has everything that you could log and record.. it's freaking great. I've been buying them every year since. Journal included.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%
Back