Aquarium Diary, do you keep one?

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a Diary of just about everything on my Aquarium. Including purchases, Dry and Live Goods, my Dosing and Feeding Times, except for the Auto Feeding. Reminders for Scheduling Maintenanc. I used to keep a written Diary, but it was a bit cumbersome, and hard to go back and research. Now I use the CalenGoo App. the search engine is excellent, and it easily updates from device to device. IE iPhone to iPad to a Microsoft computer and back. If I want to see when I got my Lime Green Psammocora, and what progress it has made I can enter Psammocora and the list pops up. Like the time it got accidentally fragged. When setting CalenGoo up set up a Google Account first on a Computer then get the App. I would look at the set up procedures on your hand held device, while installing on your computer. I goofed on the original set up and lost a couple weeks, but haven’t lost a single entry or Calendar since. Yes, you can set up multiple color coded calendar. Sample of the search engine.
567657BD-7DC6-41CB-8DE0-A5A54B8690A6.png

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a spreadsheet with a sheet tracking testing parameters, dosing, evaporation rate, and water changes, a separate tab for equipment added, and another tab for livestock tracking including date added and the name of the vendor. I dump the data on water parameters to several charts for visuals on stability and/or swings.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, written diaries...they go back to 2000. I just do WC and testing, major events like new sump, skimmer cleaning, etc. I'm bad about some purchases though, when did I add that fish...

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar to what @kittenbritches does. I've got a spreadsheet for all my water params and dosing changes. Another tab for livestock additions and another for a 'journal' of sorts that has notes for events (like what day I noticed cyano first appear.)

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely, my mom for Christmas once got me a 365 days of reefing log book that has everything that you could log and record.. it's freaking great. I've been buying them every year since. Journal included.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back