Aquarium Engineering-ACR Calcium Reactor

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2563335C-8227-4CE3-9C3C-4423CE673998.jpeg
Hello,

I just ordered an 8” Aquarium Engineering automatic calcium reactor (ACR), I’m excited to get it setup and running.

I should have it in a couple of weeks. I’ll post pics here.

I will be running it on a 425gallon tank transitioning away from Triton dosing.

I haven’t seen much feedback from actual owners of an ACR. Anyone here have one?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Please do report on your experiences.

RyanSweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered one myself a few weeks ago. Don’t have personal experience with it yet, but do have a couple of friends running them and have nothing but good things to say. Obviously they are new and don’t have long term reviews, but if they’re anything like any other of Bill’s products, I don’t think there’s much to worry about. I’ll start a thread when I receive mine as well.

OP
OP
J

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered one myself a few weeks ago. Don’t have personal experience with it yet, but do have a couple of friends running them and have nothing but good things to say. Obviously they are new and don’t have long term reviews, but if they’re anything like any other of Bill’s products, I don’t think there’s much to worry about. I’ll start a thread when I receive mine as well.

Let us know how it goes when you set it up. What media are you planning on using?

RyanSweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know how it goes when you set it up. What media are you planning on using?

This will be my first venture into calcium reactors so I'm still researching media. I'm leaning towards the Two Little Fishes Reborn Aragonite, but if theres something that you (or any experienced users) recommend I'm definitely interested in knowing what others use.

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look forward to following your thread. I’ve been thinking about getting a calcium reactor, I’m about done with mixing those 4 gallon esv 2 part buckets. I saw another short, positive thread on the ACR here on r2r. I’ve heard from a few people that if AE is making it, it will be a solid product.

OP
OP
J

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS just did a video on calcium reactor media, it seems like the Two Little Fishes was the best. The 40lbs bucket price is pretty good and should last a while!

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, I like seeing all these "automatic" calcium reactors. What made you choose this one over DaStaCo or Deltec Twin Tech?

OP
OP
J

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biggest thing that influenced my decision is how accessible and responsive Bill is if you have any questions.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if anyone has actually received their unit?

OP
OP
J

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked with Bill yesterday and he was finishing up controllers and said it would ship this week. There are few out in the field, not sure why there are not more people chiming in.

RyanSweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received mine this past Saturday. I’ll start a thread on it when I get my new tank up and going. Super happy with the build quality and packaging it was shipped in, if that matters to anyone.

OP
OP
J

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I am disappointed to report that I still haven't received my ACR yet.

I talked to Bill several times and he keeps saying its going to ship tomorrow, but tomorrow never seems come! Makes me wonder if there are issues...

If I can't get a response I'm canceling my order and going with a DaStaCo.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I am disappointed to report that I still haven't received my ACR yet.

I talked to Bill several times and he keeps saying its going to ship tomorrow, but tomorrow never seems come! Makes me wonder if there are issues...

If I can't get a response I'm canceling my order and going with a DaStaCo.

Sorry to hear about the delay
114hxd.jpg

Deltec and Pacific Sun also have automatic calcium reactors that look interesting...

OP
OP
J

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Bill finally called me back last night. I should have it on August 19. I have everything all set and ready to set it up once it arrives. I will post a full review once its setup.

The DaStaCo is in stock and ready to ship if the ACR is not here on the 19th.

Back