Aquarium Engineering-ACR Calcium Reactor

TherealplexiG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jpas
Thank you so much.
Now could you show how the controller works?
One question. The affluent line is attached from the top how does it withdraw water?
I suppose the co2 accumulates at the top most part of calrx. Or is it when you run that calrx the co2 disappitate into small bubbles and is recirculated. If it does that how is optical sensor being able to determine the waterline or co2 level in the calrx. I'm using Pacific sun currently and is totally different. I'm planning to switch to aquarium engineering because I'm fedup of its co2 consumption as I have to degass it everyday to make it work fine. And the feed pump went kaput for coupla times. I just dont understand its concept, if I would i would pull the trigger.

Fish E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not playing on computer or mobile
It plays on my mobIle just fine. Perhaps it's your video player conflicting. I'm using stock android. If you touch the 3 dots in the bottom right corner, you can download the video and try playing.

OP
OP
J

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jpas
Thank you so much.
Now could you show how the controller works?
One question. The affluent line is attached from the top how does it withdraw water?
I suppose the co2 accumulates at the top most part of calrx. Or is it when you run that calrx the co2 disappitate into small bubbles and is recirculated. If it does that how is optical sensor being able to determine the waterline or co2 level in the calrx. I'm using Pacific sun currently and is totally different. I'm planning to switch to aquarium engineering because I'm fedup of its co2 consumption as I have to degass it everyday to make it work fine. And the feed pump went kaput for coupla times. I just dont understand its concept, if I would i would pull the trigger.
The ACR has a float sensor at the top which is used to regulate the CO2 solenoid. The effluent line is also at the top, however it extends down below the waterline so it draws effluent from the top area.

There is a recirculation line that also brings excess CO2 as well as freshly injected CO2 back to the pump and sends it back through the system. It is supposed to use less CO2 this way. As the water level and pressure at the top of the unit changes the controller adds CO2 as needed.

OP
OP
J

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1206F491-A3B5-46E9-BD74-9DFB93ADF5C2.jpeg

This is the controller, the top number shows how many seconds the effluent solenoid is off. The lower number is the number of seconds that the effluent solenoid is open sending effluent to your tank. Pretty simple. The controller does the rest to keep the CO2 flowing through the media.

yepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it weird that my effluent come out with co2 not water ( as it supposed to be) from reactor and co2 tank emptied the next morning? Did i do something wrong?

75CC10F2-040B-4F36-BACC-22592FBE6931.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, something went wrong! Best to give Bill a call. He has new valves that will take care of all your issues.

yepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, something went wrong! Best to give Bill a call. He has new valves that will take care of all your issues.
Yeah i contacted him, his new cap is different, the effluent valve should be on the left (not middle) . What is your setting on the controller looks like? i don't have much alk consumption yet so maybe set about 1 - 400

Last edited:

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just got my ACR from Bill with the brand new Controller and Solenoid Box! Mostly setup, just need to figure out what RO lines go into each of these ports and there are no directions. Anyone know???

IMG_1767.jpg

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my ACR from Bill with the brand new Controller and Solenoid Box! Mostly setup, just need to figure out what RO lines go into each of these ports and there are no directions. Anyone know???

IMG_1767.jpg
Check Bill’s FB post from 10/4. The picture might help you out.

yepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1767.jpg
Your is same as mine, so do this on cap as orders , effluent (blue) on left, co2 middle and recirculating co2 on the right.

4A63DC23-AAB4-49AA-9ABE-18A45E07F083.jpeg

Pigpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont get on here much but I will try and answer some questions if you guys have them . the two yellow co2 lines can go in either of the last two ports from left to right . we had alot of trouble with the old solenoid valves used on the reactors so we switched to a custom made non contact valve and two co2 solenoid valves for redundancy . we put everything in a box that we call the valve module . the new valve modules are being sent to everyone who has one of our reactors free of charge as we believe the old valves will cause trouble .

We have all so been working on an automatic co2 tank switcher so you can always have co2 even if your main cylinder fails . you can see some of it here in this video .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCchfVI7YEk&utm_source=Facebook_PicSee&fbclid=IwAR1N3lAYxSwHjw5aSMRbCnQ7Zb_oIvDsTC8K-HlMsk3aF0ePu1SQIY9QuQ0

Pigpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been pretty backed up getting orders out but we moved into our new shop finally and are really making them faster now . we even have some models on the shelf ready to ship and hope to have all models ready to ship soon . we never expecting things to blow up like this and we tank all of our customers for their support . if you have questions its usually best to just call em at 262 960 917 .

71757980_2633568939998000_3002957450220404736_n.jpg 72459702_2637652179589676_4992439408998219776_n.jpg 72614141_2673978822623678_1216319800330944512_o.jpg

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont get on here much but I will try and answer some questions if you guys have them . the two yellow co2 lines can go in either of the last two ports from left to right . we had alot of trouble with the old solenoid valves used on the reactors so we switched to a custom made non contact valve and two co2 solenoid valves for redundancy . we put everything in a box that we call the valve module . the new valve modules are being sent to everyone who has one of our reactors free of charge as we believe the old valves will cause trouble .

We have all so been working on an automatic co2 tank switcher so you can always have co2 even if your main cylinder fails . you can see some of it here in this video .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCchfVI7YEk&utm_source=Facebook_PicSee&fbclid=IwAR1N3lAYxSwHjw5aSMRbCnQ7Zb_oIvDsTC8K-HlMsk3aF0ePu1SQIY9QuQ0

wow this is legendary Bill ! I have been thinking of replacing my Geos 6x18 and this might just be the one . So can I buy the automatic calcium reactor with the failover dual CO2 regulators as a kit ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Pigpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow this is legendary Bill ! I have been thinking of replacing my Geos 6x18 and this might just be the one . So can I buy the automatic calcium reactor with the failover dual CO2 regulators as a kit ?

Regards,
Abhishek
You sure can . please email me at [email protected] and i will get you fixed up .

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Pigpen bill do you sell just the automated part? To run my current set up auto? I think I seen someone saying they got that part from you.
corey

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back