Aquarium Engineering-ACR Calcium Reactor

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to give up but he sent it anyway once I requested a refund, I still am not sure I even want to use it, what if it stops working. How long will I be without it waiting on parts?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what did you end up going with? I need todecide on an alternative and ask for a refund.

I had been using an older MTC ProCal, but tank outgrew it. Ended up just making one.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had mine running for a few months now. Yes, it was a long wait for production. But, I'll say it was worth the wait. Incredibly solid construction. This unit combined with my Alkatronic has been rock solid for months now. Communications could be better and access can be tough at times, no doubt, but it's a small shop and his focus is on producing top quality units. So my guidance is stay a bit persistent/top of mind, but I dont think you'll have any regrets once you have the reactor in hand.

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asking for a refund will most likely get your unit shipped.
When did you order it?

I ordered in beginning of October. I did request the refund, and was given a tracking number today instead. I’m happy about that though, I really did want the product more than my money back.

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2563335C-8227-4CE3-9C3C-4423CE673998.jpeg
Hello,

I just ordered an 8” Aquarium Engineering automatic calcium reactor (ACR), I’m excited to get it setup and running.

I should have it in a couple of weeks. I’ll post pics here.

I will be running it on a 425gallon tank transitioning away from Triton dosing.

I haven’t seen much feedback from actual owners of an ACR. Anyone here have one?
a thread ive been reading the guy has been waiting on parts for 15 months. i hope you have better luck than he did

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the tracking numbers have actual tracking info or are they only in a label created status?

jwilliams860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s here. Now I just gotta get some free time to set up. I may be watching the Super Bowl from the fish room.

F4E28037-2AB9-4A1B-848E-8C2840438B3C.jpeg
Please let us know how it goes. I'm super interested in these. I also have alkatronic to pair with it. Makes me nervous with the wait times. Even if it's just well, with no support of any of the electronics fail what are we left with.
I have a cerebra v2 that is sitting here and it's a paper weight.

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed mine. It was super easy to set up and get running. I am just beginning to test the alk to adjust it.
My only complaint is the noise level. I have this in my living room and the bubbles in the recirculation pump are very noisy. This the how it saves you on co2.
I may get a small cabinet to put it in to help with the noise. Bill said he would look into seeing if it can be made quieter.

Once he gets support up to par this will be the unit to have. There is a FaceBook group for owners that is very helpful if you run into any trouble.

jwilliams860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just installed mine. It was super easy to set up and get running. I am just beginning to test the alk to adjust it.
My only complaint is the noise level. I have this in my living room and the bubbles in the recirculation pump are very noisy. This the how it saves you on co2.
I may get a small cabinet to put it in to help with the noise. Bill said he would look into seeing if it can be made quieter.

Once he gets support up to par this will be the unit to have. There is a FaceBook group for owners that is very helpful if you run into any trouble.
Can you share any photos or videos of your setup. What size tank do you have?

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is set up as well. I did it today during lunch. Bill sent me the video below to guide me. He said to call him if I needed any help. Although the wait was a little painful, I think the unit is worth the wait. It’s a simple set up, and the quality of design and build looks like it could perform long term.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I go CaRx, it would be hard to not go this route. Cost wise once you factor in a carbondoser / continuous duty peri pump and a reactor it seems a wash, but far more bulletproof and with a real warranty.

Nam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone so I just got mind last week :)) after all that time of waiting. I’m setting up now but wonder what type of regulator that I need to use ? I got carbon doser from my old set up I wonder is that still work ?

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm sure you have done this already but if it is chopping bubbles really bad did you try opening highest point until water comes out. Basically purging all air out. May take a couple trys and also I would try tilting the unit on its side a couple times. Should help with the noise. I would really love to know if it got quieter for you because I'm about to pull the trigger but noisy will be a deal breaker for me. TIA

Back